Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson 4000 settings for Epson Exhibition Canvas Satin  (Read 670 times)

BillHorne

• http://
Epson 4000 settings for Epson Exhibition Canvas Satin
« on: September 10, 2014, 12:33:35 pm »

For several years I used Epson Premium Canvas Satin with my Epson Stylus Pro 4000 & Epson Ultrachrome inks. (Printing via Qimage Ultimate and using the Watercolour Paper - Radiant White profile.)
Now my supplier only has Epson Exhibition Canvas Satin. I have to wait >24 hours for prints to dry on this material, which smells like tuna when I open the box (!).
I understand from Epson's documentation that this canvas handles Matte Black better than Photo Black. But how does one tell an Epson 4000 printer to use Matte instead of Photo Black? I don't want to mess with the ink set, as I invested a lot of time in setting up a colour managed workflow. Can anyone recommend alternative canvases that are more like Epson's Premium Canvas Satin? Or is there some obvious way to tweak my settings that I'm missing?
thanks.

Windows 7 64 bit pro
Intel Core Duo CPU @ 3 GHz + 3 GB RAM; NVIDIA GeForce 9400 GT video card

I.T. Supplies

Re: Epson 4000 settings for Epson Exhibition Canvas Satin
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2014, 02:48:24 pm »

I'm not too sure if there is a setting to make the printer use only a certain black since it's an older (discontinued) model.  PremierArt makes a satin canvas that is about the weight of the Epson Premium canvas.  Called PremierArt Generations Satin Canvas Museum Grade.

Someone may have dealt with this issue before and hopefully they can provide some assistance on the ink setting.

BillHorne

• http://
Re: Epson 4000 settings for Epson Exhibition Canvas Satin
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2014, 04:39:20 pm »

Thanks for the suggestion - much appreciated ;-)
Pages: [1]   Go Up