Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Nozzle check on 3800  (Read 1250 times)

wcwest

Nozzle check on 3800
« on: August 18, 2013, 07:00:00 am »

I had not used my 3800 in awhile so I printed a test page and then attempted to do a nozzle check like I always do when it has been idle for a time. This time I did not get a response to either the "auto" or "print" option. Hoping someone has a answer as to why this is happening. Should also mention that when I turned the printer on it went through a cleaning cycle.

hugowolf

Re: Nozzle check on 3800
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2013, 12:56:34 pm »

I had not used my 3800 in awhile so I printed a test page and then attempted to do a nozzle check like I always do when it has been idle for a time. This time I did not get a response to either the "auto" or "print" option. Hoping someone has a answer as to why this is happening. Should also mention that when I turned the printer on it went through a cleaning cycle.
Can you elaborate on what you mean by 'did not get a response to either the "auto" or "print" option'?

Brian A

wcwest

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2013, 03:55:15 pm »

Nozzle check wasn't performed.

hugowolf

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2013, 08:45:42 pm »

Nozzle check wasn't performed.
Are doing this through the printer's console or through software (driver/utilies)?

Brian A

wcwest

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2013, 06:19:58 am »

I'm using the Epson Utility menu in the Epson driver. I am not aware of the ability to print a nozzle check pattern through the controls on the printer itself. In the past, I have been able to run the utility nozzle check and print out the results. By the way, this is on a windows 7 system.

Randy Carone

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2013, 09:23:49 am »

Try a nozzle check from the printer menu panel and see what happens.
Randy Carone

hugowolf

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2013, 08:53:14 pm »

Try a nozzle check from the printer menu panel and see what happens.
Yes, I agree, print nozzle check prints through the printer's front panel, it eliminates several variables.

Brian A

red2

• http://
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2013, 04:39:48 pm »

I had what may be a similar problem. I use a Mac, and recently upgraded from OS X 10.6.8 to 10.8.4. The printer partially responded -- I was able to do a status check -- but nothing else, no head cleaning, no test prints, no prints at all. So I deleted the printer and reinstalled it (I don't know how to do this in Windows -- sorry). This helped -- printer then responded normally to all instructions. Not sure if that was the problem or if there was some other glitch that got fixed by itself, but everything seems back to normal now.
Regards,
Bob D.
Pages: [1]   Go Up