Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mark Dubovoy's essay on "everything matters"  (Read 2529 times)

jaj

Mark Dubovoy's essay on "everything matters"
« on: January 24, 2012, 07:50:26 am »

An interesting first installment, looking forward to part II. I would like to venture an hypothesis concerning the concept of the unseen: a significant factor for actually seeing the unseen when contemplating an image is the name given to the image. The inspiration for this is in particular the image "Forest and branch".

Phinius

• Violet Crown Photogaphs
Re: Mark Dubovoy's essay on "everything matters"
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2012, 01:40:58 pm »

A fine article and I too look forward to the second installment; one of the reasons I enjoy LuLa is the high standard it sets. I wonder, however, if Mr. Dubovoy intended to imply that anyone with anything less than MF equipment can't do art or that photographic art demands technical perfection or something close to it? I would think that the aesthetic intent of the artist would have to be weighed. We'll have to wait for the second installment.

Ron

clkirksey

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2012, 05:21:54 pm »

Good article but perhaps better if he had stuck to photography as opposed to making some very incorrect statements about what affects audio. If an expensive power cord or expensive speaker wires ever made an objective difference in the audio playback why do not the recording studios and/or live concerts use similar wires when recording the music in the first instance? They don't because it doesn't make a bit ( pun intended) of difference.

A bird in the viewfinder...

Josh-H

• Wild Nature Photo Travel
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2012, 05:46:37 pm »

Do we really need another (a 3rd thread) on this?

There has been a thread running in the About section since the article was published and another in the off-topic.. Mods can you consolidate? I fear this beast is starting to take over the forums...
Wild Nature Photo Travel

JimU

• http://
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2012, 12:55:43 am »

Good article but perhaps better if he had stuck to photography as opposed to making some very incorrect statements about what affects audio. If an expensive power cord or expensive speaker wires ever made an objective difference in the audio playback why do not the recording studios and/or live concerts use similar wires when recording the music in the first instance? They don't because it doesn't make a bit ( pun intended) of difference.

so you're saying he's lying?

Kerry L

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2012, 07:39:17 am »

Do we really need another (a 3rd thread) on this?

There has been a thread running in the About section since the article was published and another in the off-topic.. Mods can you consolidate? I fear this beast is starting to take over the forums...

Agreed. This happens quite often.

Maybe if there was a new FORUM specifically for discussion about articles on the LL home site. "About This Site" is not really the most intuitive location, especially if you're new or an infrequent flyer here.
"Try and let your mind see more than you

Rob C

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2012, 02:24:00 pm »

Come on, guys, let's drop it. One thread's already been locked, can't hints be taken?

Rob C
Pages: [1]   Go Up