Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bridge CS5. Is there dual monitor support?  (Read 6909 times)

donbga

Bridge CS5. Is there dual monitor support?
« on: March 16, 2011, 12:43:48 am »

Hi Folks,

My editing work station uses 2 identical NEC displays. LR 3.3 supports dual displays but I don't have a clue about how to get Bridge to support 2 monitors.

I wondering if it is possible for Bridge to utilize 2 displays and if so how?

Thanks,

Don Bryant

Chris_Brown

• Smile dammit!
    • Chris Brown Photography
Re: Bridge CS5. Is there dual monitor support?
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2011, 10:22:19 am »

I don't see dual monitor support mentioned anywhere in the manual or Adobe's web site.
~ CB

stamper

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2011, 11:13:04 am »

I have just opened PS5 and then went to File>Browse in bridge and it opened in my other monitor where I have all my History,layers palettes etc. I then dragged it to my main monitor and back again to the second monitor. I don't see a problem. Running Windows 7 64 bit. Have you set up the options in Windows for dual monitor?

donbga

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2011, 12:45:10 pm »

Running Windows 7 64 bit. Have you set up the options in Windows for dual monitor?

Yes please read my initial post, I'm using two monitors successfully in LR 3.3.

Just start Bridge alone and see if you can use both monitors. If so what how does one accomplish that.

I'm using XP 32, FWIW.

Thanks,

Don

donbga

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2011, 05:37:17 pm »

I've probably not made myself clear, apologies for that.

I can open Bridge and drag it to the second monitor. What I want to do is be able to drag say the Preview panel over to the second monitor. I'm not sure that is possible.

Thanks,

Don Bryant

Bryan Conner

• My Flickr page
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2011, 05:55:41 pm »

I am still using CS3, but with dual monitors, so CS5 may be different.....  In Bridge, click on Window>New Synchronized Window (CTRL+ALT+N on PC).  I put one Bridge window on each monitor.  I have my right monitor's window configured to only have the preview panel displayed.  I saved this Workspace setting as "Right Monitor", and the settings for the left monitor as "Left Monitor" for future ease.  If I close Bridge by using CTRL Q instead of clicking on the little red X, both windows are closed and the next time I open Bridge, both windows are opened automatically.  I do have to position them on the correct monitor. I do this using my "Left Monitor" and " Right Monitor" Workspace presets.  If I close the windows using the red x, each window is closed separately and only one window is opened the next time I open Bridge.

Farmer

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2011, 07:19:28 pm »

Synchronised windows is still the way to do it in CS5.  It's slightly different and slightly better, but the above process is essentially the way to do it.

There's no specific support for dual monitors as there is in, say, LR, but it mostly works.  Both PS and Bridge could use improved multi-display support (Bridge in particular and PS on Windows in particular).
Phil Brown

tived

• http://
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2011, 08:37:37 pm »

thanks Bryan,

that is great advise

Henrik

Rhossydd

• http://www.paulholman.com
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2011, 05:26:00 am »

In Bridge, click on Window>New Synchronized Window (CTRL+ALT+N on PC).......
Thanks for that. Strange how you can use a program almost daily, but still overlook useful features.

JimAscher

• Jim Ascher Photos
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2011, 02:12:02 pm »

I use dual monitors all the time in Lightroom, keeping the photo I am working on full size on one (calibrated) monitor, and the LR control panel on the other.  However, when in LR I desire to edit in Photoshop, I previously thought (when in PS) that I no longer had this dual monitor editing option.  But then I experimented, prompted by this thread, and discovered that when in PS I could go to the "Window" tab, then the "Arrange" sub-tab, then choose the Float in Window option.  I could then move the photo I was editing in PS over to my second preferred monitor, while retaining the PS controls in the first monitor.  All very easy and striaght-forward (at least for me).     
Jim Ascher

See my SmugMug site:
http://jimascherphotos.smugmug.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up