Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hasselblad Shutter life  (Read 12779 times)

MNG

• www.ngfoto.com
Hasselblad Shutter life
« on: January 20, 2011, 07:21:25 pm »

Just wondering how many actuations a shutter is good for on a Hasselblad H series body and the leaf shutters on the HC lenses, assuming it has not been dropped?

What would a replacement cost for each?

Thanks
Michael

Dick Roadnight

Re: Hasselblad Shutter life
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2011, 04:43:41 am »

Just wondering how many actuations a shutter is good for on a Hasselblad H series body and the leaf shutters on the HC lenses, assuming it has not been dropped?

What would a replacement cost for each?

Thanks
Michael

Hasselblad UK publish a booklet of standard service prices,
they do  not mention H system shutter replacement,
but V system shutter overhaul is £160.
Hasselblad H4, Sinar P3 monorail view camera, Schneider Apo-digitar lenses

design_freak

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2011, 06:15:16 am »

Hi,
Warranty is for 100 000 actuations. Replacing the shutter in the lens will cost about 500Euro.
I advise against buying second-hand body H1 and H2. In most cases, they can not be serviced.
If you buy a new body and you will be properly cared for the service (if you work a lot, I mean every day, there will be an expense of about 1200 Euros per year) I'll have the equipment in excellent condition.Even after 5 years. It is worth to send equipment to the site once every 6 months, unfortunately, in most cases, customers forget about it. This action is delayed as the equipment has already refused to obey, then generally it will be much more expensive. When buying new equipment you should purchase the "camera care plan" a very low cost and improving the user's peace of mind solution. Of course if you are professional photographer.

Best regards,
Design Freak
Best regards,
DF

pixjohn

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2011, 11:21:14 am »

Please let me know where you can buy a new H1 or H2 camera body with warranty? Thanks to Hasselblad your  only option is buying used.

I advise against buying second-hand body H1 and H2. In most cases, they can not be serviced.

Best regards,
Design Freak

Doug Peterson

• http://www.doug-peterson.com
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2011, 01:42:05 pm »

Last time I checked (which was recently) Hasselblad USA still services H1 and H2 bodies (assuming the damage/problem is fixable - shutter failures almost always are). They may try to sell you and H4D while you're on the phone (their prerogative of course), but they won't forsake their customer who paid good money for a Hasselblad H1/H2 body and lenses. Right David Grover? :-)

I can't speak for other international service centers as I do not deal with them.

Doug Peterson (e-mail Me)

Head of Technical Services, Capture Integration
Phase One Partner of the Year
Leaf, Leica, Cambo, Arca Swiss, Canon, Apple, Profoto, Broncolor, Eizo & More

National: 877.217.9870  |  Cell: 740.707.2183
Newsletter | RSS Feed
Buy Capture One 6 at 10% off

David Grover / Capture One

• Capture One
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2011, 03:15:21 pm »

On this one occasion, I will agree with you.  :P

Absolutely - all H1 and H2 are serviceable.

Last time I checked (which was recently) Hasselblad USA still services H1 and H2 bodies (assuming the damage/problem is fixable - shutter failures almost always are). They may try to sell you and H4D while you're on the phone (their prerogative of course), but they won't forsake their customer who paid good money for a Hasselblad H1/H2 body and lenses. Right David Grover? :-)

I can't speak for other international service centers as I do not deal with them.

Doug Peterson (e-mail Me)

Head of Technical Services, Capture Integration
Phase One Partner of the Year
Leaf, Leica, Cambo, Arca Swiss, Canon, Apple, Profoto, Broncolor, Eizo & More

National: 877.217.9870  |  Cell: 740.707.2183
Newsletter | RSS Feed
Buy Capture One 6 at 10% off
David Grover
Business Support and Development Manager

paul_jones

• http://www.paulrossjones.com
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2011, 04:35:56 am »

On this one occasion, I will agree with you.  :P

Absolutely - all H1 and H2 are serviceable.

the new zealand hasselblad dealers said they wouldnt service my H1.

i dont care really, the bodies are still easily found mint and cheap used. i have a spare for the day mine may break down. but i havent had a problem with a body yet. but i did have a used zoom lens shutter fail after only a few thousand shots and it cost more than the purchase price of the lens (it was used).

but no issues since, except a some rare bugs with the body, but sorted quickly by restarting the camera.

paul
check my new website
[url=http://www.pau

UlfKrentz

• http://www.shoots.de
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2011, 09:00:24 am »

Hi,

we didn´t had any problems getting our H1/H2 serviced in Germany. Body was not repaired in Germany some times but sent to factory through the german service center. You can find fixed prices on their global site:

http://www.hasselblad.com/service--support/service/cost-estimates-and-fixed-service-prices.aspx

The service has always been excellent, prices seem to be reasonable, the return was not always fast, which is no problem for us. We own spare bodies for instant replacement, definitly faster and probably cheeper than any care plan ;-)
From our *personal* experience during the last years we expect a body failure around 50K actuations, YMMV. Lens shutter failures have all been in the very beginning with less than 2K actuations, all covered under warranty, no additional trouble so far. HTH

Cheers, Ulf

Erick Boileau

• http://
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2011, 10:09:09 am »

in Germany they have repaired my H1
Pages: [1]   Go Up