Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: more pano ? correcting perspective (ATT PS Guru's)  (Read 1804 times)

tived

• http://
more pano ? correcting perspective (ATT PS Guru's)
« on: June 13, 2010, 10:34:59 pm »

Hi guys,

I can't remember if this is possible. I have a large pano of a large building which I have shot from one side. As I get closer to the building it is starting to warp, i think its called pincushion. I have straight vertical lines, but I would like to straighten up my vertical lines (i know that given the point I was shooting from I will have receding lines (near to far)) but I have a couple of things that needs to be fixed, reducing the pincushion on one side and bring the far end closer (swing it around closer to me, as if I was standing closer to the middle of the building)

Is this something that is possible us PS?

thanks very much for taking your time

Henrik

fike

• Hiker Photographer
    • trailpixie.net
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2010, 10:56:16 am »

This is a function that is best done in a tool like PTAssembler or PTGui.  In those tools, you can set vertical lines and horizontal lines that will be preserved in the stitch transformation.  You may be able to do something similar with the PS warp function, but your results may not be the best.
Fike, Trailpixie, or Marc Shaffer

BobFisher

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2010, 03:44:03 pm »

Typically I'll shoot a bit loose, stitch the panos then correct any distortions afterward.  The Transformation tools in PS work well.  If you're working upward then I'm guessing you want the converging verticals look.  You can have that and still fix the barrel or pincushion distortion.  PS also has a decent lens correction tool for things like CA and barrel/pincushion distortion.  If you're using CS5 or LR3 your lens may be in the profile database and the new lens profile tool does a decent job of correcting those errors during RAW conversion.  

You can correct before stitching on the individual input shots but it's more work then.  As long as you haven't got really wild keystoning or similar with your input shots, a good stitching program will be able to do the merge accurately.

Jack Flesher

• www.getdpi.com
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2010, 10:13:50 am »

AutoPano Pro and Giga have this editing functionality built in and it works amazingly well.  You drag verticals where you want the pano to render vertical.  This can be used for horizontals as well, since you get a 90 degree line as well as you drag the vertical -- very cool. You can download a free trial and demo it for yourself.  (Demo mode watermarks the final pano, but it renders in full resolution.)

They have a video tutorial posted on their site showing this here -- the second example is probably most relevant to your question: http://www.autopano.net/wiki-en/action/vie...hten_a_panorama

Cheers,
« Last Edit: June 16, 2010, 10:16:56 am by Jack Flesher »
Jack
[url=http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/

fredjeang

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2010, 01:09:50 pm »

Quote from: Jack Flesher
AutoPano Pro and Giga have this editing functionality built in and it works amazingly well.  You drag verticals where you want the pano to render vertical.  This can be used for horizontals as well, since you get a 90 degree line as well as you drag the vertical -- very cool. You can download a free trial and demo it for yourself.  (Demo mode watermarks the final pano, but it renders in full resolution.)

They have a video tutorial posted on their site showing this here -- the second example is probably most relevant to your question: http://www.autopano.net/wiki-en/action/vie...hten_a_panorama

Cheers,
Thanks for the info Jack.
I watched the tuto, very interesting.
But thanks the information came from a trustable source, because when I looked at the software interface for the first time, with these kind of kids icons I thought that it was a remake of "painter"
It is too bad because the software is really good.
Seriously, these guys should take care of these details, after all, aren't the clothes also important?
Pages: [1]   Go Up