Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: nikon Coolscan 9000 replacement  (Read 5470 times)

bjornaagedk

nikon Coolscan 9000 replacement
« on: May 04, 2010, 03:10:09 pm »

Now this scanner is discontinued by Nikon, which scanner could replace it? Are there any alternatives in the same price range?

revaaron

Re: nikon Coolscan 9000 replacement
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2010, 02:29:28 pm »

nothing. an my 9000 is having issues.

feppe

• Oh this shows up in here!
    • Harri Jahkola Photography
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2010, 02:46:22 pm »

Now this scanner is discontinued by Nikon, which scanner could replace it? Are there any alternatives in the same price range?

Yep, don't think there's anything new in that price range. You might need to go to eBay. The problem with those is I don't know if drivers for latest OSs are available, and for how long.

Alternatively, you might want to consider flatbeds. I recently got an Epson V700 for MF and LF scanning. I have a feeling it will be mostly for proofs and web-res scanning, but I'll hold my judgment until I've compared it with Imacon virtual drum scans done by me at my local shop, and proper drum scans sent elsewhere. Not sure how well it works with 35mm if that's what you're shooting, but it comes with film holder and slide holder for 35mm.

WombatHorror

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2010, 02:24:15 am »

nothing. an my 9000 is having issues.

most likely bet is ebay
although a few stores like Norman Camera had a few in stock as of over a month ago (but they were gouging, then again the stuff on ebay was at a premium too, since rare, in demand = high prices).

although you can look in at B&H. I lucked out, someone pointed me to it when they got a copy in stock over a month ago and I snagged it. They appear to sell any copies they get in within 12 hours so you have to luck out, especially since their supply seems to be a trickle, at best, at this point, weeks to months between small batches. It was a brand new sealed copy I got from them at MSRP.

tived

• http://
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2010, 09:20:57 pm »

Not a replacement but a superior product, Imacon/Hasselblad Scanners Flextight X5 or X1
http://www.hasselblad.com/products/scanners.aspx

or one of the older models, using Firewire

Henrik
Pages: [1]   Go Up