Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Canon Ti2 or 7D  (Read 3823 times)

AlexDion

• http://
Canon Ti2 or 7D
« on: April 16, 2010, 12:55:26 pm »

IS the 7D worth the extra 700$?
I shoot mostly weddings and right now i have a 40D
I like the options of the Ti2 but i know that the 7D is better but how much better and since i'm on a budget, should i get the Ti2 or should i wait a bit and get the 7D?

Thanks
Alex

tokengirl

Canon Ti2 or 7D
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2010, 01:47:18 pm »

On the T2i, only the center AF point is cross-type, whereas on your 40D, all 9 AF points are cross-type.  The 7D has 19 AF points, and all are cross-type.  So if you are currently only using the center AF point anyways, the T2i might be fine.  But if you are accustomed to using the outer AF points on a regular basis, you may be disappointed with the T2i's autofocus capabilities, especially in low light situations.

The other thing to consider is (and I really don't know the answer):  If you are shooting weddings professionally, are consumer level cameras like the Rebels reliable enough day in and day out?  As I understand it, the Rebels have a much lower shutter life expectancy than the 40/50D and 5/7D, so they might not be the best choice for high volume shooting.

Have you gone to the camera store and actually held the T2i in your hands?  If you are used to the 40D, you might find it to be a little bit "small" and not as robust.

jake21

Canon Ti2 or 7D
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2010, 11:05:36 am »

I'd go with the rebel; 'cept for one issue. For me it is impossible to manually focus with the rebel view finder; but I think it is relatively easy with the 7D. I guess it comes to your priorities and which camera is more suitable. Can't really answer that question for you.

Pages: [1]   Go Up