Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mishawaka In and Surrounding Area  (Read 2793 times)

daleeman

• http://
Mishawaka In and Surrounding Area
« on: March 11, 2010, 08:30:03 am »

Going to go participate in Danny Burk’s large format workshop in mid-May in the Mishawaka South Bend area. (Not an endorsement) Looking for some input on what is up that way to go see and photograph in that area.

Love the landscapes, water and unique decaying architecture. Will have the 4x5 with me from the class as well as the M2 so any ideas of locations and unique things to see will be greatly appreciated.

Lee

Jeremy Payne

« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2010, 11:19:30 am »

Quote from: daleeman
Going to go participate in Danny Burk’s large format workshop in mid-May in the Mishawaka South Bend area. (Not an endorsement) Looking for some input on what is up that way to go see and photograph in that area.

Love the landscapes, water and unique decaying architecture. Will have the 4x5 with me from the class as well as the M2 so any ideas of locations and unique things to see will be greatly appreciated.

Lee
http://photography.jeremypayne.net/web/mishawaka

I poked around there for a few days a couple years ago ... it was fun ... I just drove up and down the highway and scrambled around ... there were plenty of interesting opportunities within easy walk from the road.  Sorry I can't be more specific other than to say the light was amazing and the tapestry rich with texture and drama ... you'll be happy you are there ...

Enjoy!

daleeman

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2010, 01:04:56 pm »

Quote from: Jeremy Payne
http://photography.jeremypayne.net/web/mishawaka

I poked around there for a few days a couple years ago ... it was fun ... I just drove up and down the highway and scrambled around ... there were plenty of interesting opportunities within easy walk from the road.  Sorry I can't be more specific other than to say the light was amazing and the tapestry rich with texture and drama ... you'll be happy you are there ...

Enjoy!
Jeremy,
Thanks for the positive input. I'm looking forward to it and to get the 4x5 out and do some shooting. Do you remember if you went up to St Joseph Michigan area or so, or were your travels just in Indiana?

Lee

Jeremy Payne

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2010, 02:56:13 pm »

Jeremy,
Thanks for the positive input. I'm looking forward to it and to get the 4x5 out and do some shooting. Do you remember if you went up to St Joseph Michigan area or so, or were your travels just in Indiana?

Lee
Ah ... sorry, Lee ... looks like I've mixed up my Mishawakas ... I was on the Mishawaka River outside of Fort Collins, CO ...

Craig Lamson

• Craig Lamson Photo Homepage
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2010, 06:18:14 pm »

Jeremy,

Lee

I work in the area.  It's lots of Indiana farm land.  Have a good sized Amish community nearby. The area has been really hard hit by the economy.  St Joe is very nice, as is the coast of Lake Michigan in the area.  Warren Dunes State Park is nearby nad has some great and large dunes.

Of course you also have Notre Dame.....
Craig Lamson Photo

larryg

• Larry gaskill photography
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2010, 10:33:45 am »

Quote from: infocusinc
I work in the area.  It's lots of Indiana farm land.  Have a good sized Amish community nearby. The area has been really hard hit by the economy.  St Joe is very nice, as is the coast of Lake Michigan in the area.  Warren Dunes State Park is nearby nad has some great and large dunes.

I would certainly try the dunes  close enough    Try for sunsets

daleeman

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2010, 08:13:54 pm »

Quote from: infocusinc

I am interested in the Amish community, although I have heard they prize their privacy. Any advice?

Also about that Noter Dame thing, I heard there is a Kindergarten up there named that????

Lee
Pages: [1]   Go Up