Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: WANTED - 800 Quality Landscape Photos  (Read 9777 times)

WaltBryger

WANTED - 800 Quality Landscape Photos
« on: February 27, 2010, 07:54:14 am »

We are opening a new business based on a patent-pending invention and will require 800 landscape photographs. These photos must have the ability to be enlarged to 6 feet wide with clarity, thus eliminating most 35mm images. We have had success with medium and large format positives and RAW digital images. We can work with TIFFs, but no JPEGs.

The images will be placed in our catalog and made available to our clients, who typically choose between 50 and 100 inages per purchase order. Thus, there is no way to predict how many times a particular image will be printed.

The questions that we will not answer:
1. What is our invention.
2. Who are our clients.
3. Where will the images be displayed.
4. On what media will we print.
5. How much we charge our clients.
6. Anything that discloses our trade secrets.

If you have landscape photos that you want to sell than kindly reply to waltbr@verizon.net with a link to samples and your price. It has taken over a year to develope this project and this is a serious proposal. I am more than capable of shooting these photos and in fact already have over 300 prepared. However, my obligations in management will not afford me the time for site photography. Although our business plan includes a photographers salary, camera equipment, and extensive travel expenses, it will benefit our operating schedule to simply purchase the images.

Regards,
Walt Bryger

Joe Behar

« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2010, 09:34:57 am »

Quote from: WaltBryger
We are opening a new business based on a patent-pending invention and will require 800 landscape photographs. These photos must have the ability to be enlarged to 6 feet wide with clarity, thus eliminating most 35mm images. We have had success with medium and large format positives and RAW digital images. We can work with TIFFs, but no JPEGs.

The images will be placed in our catalog and made available to our clients, who typically choose between 50 and 100 inages per purchase order. Thus, there is no way to predict how many times a particular image will be printed.

2. Who are our clients.

If you have landscape photos that you want to sell than kindly reply to waltbr@verizon.net with a link to samples and your price. It has taken over a year to develope this project and this is a serious proposal. I am more than capable of shooting these photos and in fact already have over 300 prepared. However, my obligations in management will not afford me the time for site photography. Although our business plan includes a photographers salary, camera equipment, and extensive travel expenses, it will benefit our operating schedule to simply purchase the images.

Regards,
Walt Bryger

Here's one for you

fredjeang

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2010, 09:49:27 am »

And another one.
[attachment=20540:rare_mobile.jpg]
This is a very rare and unique exemplary, taken with a Sony mobile phone.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2010, 09:49:53 am by fredjeang »

BobDavid

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2010, 11:27:56 am »

I've got a couple hundred lovely shots of black bats in dark caves, albino rabbits frolicking in  blizzards, and out-of-focus closeups of asphalt pavement. Please feel free to use these images for your business venture.

markhout

• http://www.markhout.com
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2010, 11:31:13 am »

2. Who are our clients.

If you have landscape photos that you want to sell than kindly reply to waltbr@verizon.net with a link to samples and your price. It has taken over a year to develope this project and this is a serious proposal.

Walt - I believe you may find interest in your proposal, but, with all due respect, you will need to share more, with at the very least a link to a website.

I believe that it's fair that you provide more background. If you are a photographer there is indeed no way to review your prior work (you say that you are capable of shooting these photos) - Google search does not even recognize the name Walt Bryger.

Thanks,

Mark

WaltBryger

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2010, 12:09:33 pm »

Quote from: markhout
Walt - I believe you may find interest in your proposal, but, with all due respect, you will need to share more, with at the very least a link to a website.

I believe that it's fair that you provide more background. If you are a photographer there is indeed no way to review your prior work (you say that you are capable of shooting these photos) - Google search does not even recognize the name Walt Bryger.

Thanks,

Mark

Thanks Mark, but my work is of no concern as I am seeking imagery not opinions.  Artists are extremely unethical in terms of honoring copyrights and patents.  There is no way that I would trust any artist with my innovation or put my business at risk with an ongoing relationship with an artist, unless I have legal leverage....and the artist has something substantial to lose in court.  I have already agreed to purchase 126 photos from replies this morning and everything will go just fine when we get the documents executed next week.  If folks want to sell photos, then we will come to a legal and lucrative agreement.  If they want to steal my innovation, then they will want more information about my business.  Simple as that.

stevesanacore

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2010, 12:19:58 pm »

Thanks Mark, but my work is of no concern as I am seeking imagery not opinions.  Artists are extremely unethical in terms of honoring copyrights and patents.  There is no way that I would trust any artist with my innovation or put my business at risk with an ongoing relationship with an artist, unless I have legal leverage....and the artist has something substantial to lose in court.  I have already agreed to purchase 126 photos from replies this morning and everything will go just fine when we get the documents executed next week.  If folks want to sell photos, then we will come to a legal and lucrative agreement.  If they want to steal my innovation, then they will want more information about my business.  Simple as that.

Walt,

That's funny because I always considered artists - the most honorable people in our society. And if anyone honor's copyrights - it's the artist who's living depends on it.

Very strange comments.
We don't know what we don't know.

aaron

• http://
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2010, 12:24:06 pm »

I have read some nonsense on the great www but that statement gets the gold medal.

What utter rubbish.

markhout

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2010, 12:27:56 pm »

OK - Best of luck with your business venture.

Mark

JBerardi

« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2010, 12:35:21 pm »

Artists are extremely unethical in terms of honoring copyrights and patents.  There is no way that I would trust any artist with my innovation or put my business at risk with an ongoing relationship with an artist, unless I have legal leverage....and the artist has something substantial to lose in court.

This is one for the ages... "Come work with me, you unethical jerks, and maybe if you're lucky, I won't sue your ass". Yeah, ok.

LKaven

« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2010, 01:10:13 pm »

The haughty, narcissistic tone...the naked contempt for the artist...it's priceless.

markhout

« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2010, 01:17:28 pm »

Walt Bryger

Name / avatar changed to 'guest' - He's gone already?

ckimmerle

• http://www.chuckkimmerle.com
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2010, 01:33:27 pm »

Actually saw this post in the "for sale" section a few minutes ago and couldn't figure out why no one had yet responded. Didn't know it was posted here, as well. Glad to see you guys were on the ball.

The whole damned deal sounds like a giant rip-off.
"The real voyage of discove

ghaynes754

« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2010, 02:32:22 pm »

Look at the bright side. At least it wasn't a request for you to PAY
 them to use your images .
Actually saw this post in the "for sale" section a few minutes ago and couldn't figure out why no one had yet responded. Didn't know it was posted here, as well. Glad to see you guys were on the ball.

The whole damned deal sounds like a giant rip-off.
[/quote]
« Last Edit: February 27, 2010, 02:48:52 pm by ghaynes754 »

tokengirl

« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2010, 04:04:44 pm »

Quote from: fredjeang
And another one.
[attachment=20540:rare_mobile.jpg]
This is a very rare and unique exemplary, taken with a Sony mobile phone.

Fred,

Now that's a perfect B&W conversion.  Good job.  

laughingbear

« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2010, 04:17:06 pm »

I am sure his IP can be traced from the admins here. - I certainly would do that. -

1st post, no credentials, proverbial carrots at the end of a stick, no website, no history, but insults and patronizing bullshit.

.... get outa here Dude!

fredjeang

« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2010, 04:22:57 pm »

Quote from: tokengirl
Fred,

Now that's a perfect B&W conversion.  Good job.  
Indeed! I'm particulary proud of this one    

ghaynes754

« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2010, 08:51:56 pm »

From the Web

bigalbest

« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2010, 08:57:09 pm »

pixjohn

« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2010, 10:23:29 pm »

I can't believe how unethical this guy is. After looking at is great web site he stole my idea. I have 450 picture ready to go and just needed the next 50 to start creating my great, wounder full world of cheesy back drops. That's it, I will never trust another photographer again.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up