Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Locations near Cleveland OH ???  (Read 4102 times)

Jeff Donald

• Florida Center for Creative Photography
Locations near Cleveland OH ???
« on: August 29, 2003, 10:59:09 am »

I was born and raised in Cleveland.  The Cleveland Metroparks encircle the city with over 80 mile of parks and forests. Lake Erie offers many interesting opportunities for various water activities.  The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is in Cleveland, near a wonderful lake front park.  Early to mid October can present great fall colors throughout the parks.

If you travel down rt 83 to Millersburg (about 60 miles), you'll be in the heart of Amish country.  Horse and buggies, rolling hills, rural farms, very scenic all year round.

If you have a free weekend, make a trip north to Canada's southern most Park, Pt. Pelee National Park.  Noted birder and author, Roger Tory Peterson, called the fall hawk migration at Pt Pelee, one of the 10 greatest birding experiences in the world.  Early to mid October is best for the migration.  It is about a 3 to 4 hour drive, lodging is available in Leamington.

Post back what interests you and I'll try to be a bit more specific if you like.

Kirby

« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2003, 09:54:29 am »

The Cuyahoga National Park runs south from Cleveland to Akron and has several photogenic locations e.g. The Beaver Pond, Blue Hen Falls, Kendall Ledges.  The park stores have maps etc.  The area around Burton, SE of Cleveland, is well known for fall color.  The Cuyahoga Valley Photographic Society has a website at www.cvps.org which lists a number of fall activities.  The group has several very knowledgeable members.  The fall seminar with Ian Adams should provide many photo opportunities.  Hope this helps.

Lonzo

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2003, 07:46:58 am »

Dear freinds of nature and photography,

I will be on a job assignment in Cleveland/OH for almost 3 month (October to X-mas). Since I'm not familiar with this region recommendations and tips about where good Photography-locations could possibly be found would be highly appreciated.

Thanks for your contributions

Lonzo  :D

Klaus Lorenz

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2003, 12:10:13 pm »

Jeff,

thanks a lot for the quick and informative reply.  I definitely will explore some of your recommendations. I'm glad there seem to be several points of (photographic) interest, because before I feared  this could become a little boring.

Fall colours will be a topic to chase together with landscape photography in general. The hawk migration also seems to be VERY interesting and I hope I will get a chance to go there and shoot it.

Thanks again !
Kind regards

Lonzo

daleeman

• http://
Re: Locations near Cleveland OH ???
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2011, 08:38:59 pm »

Thought I would bring this old post back to life. I am heading to Cuyahoga National Park to do some film photography 6x6 and 4x5 of waterfalls and such since we have had like 11 days of heavy rains. I have been there 3 times before. It is really an enchanting place.

Hope others will check it out too.

Lee
Pages: [1]   Go Up