Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Contax 645 Focusing Screens? - maxwell Hi-Lux  (Read 6921 times)

narikin

Contax 645 Focusing Screens? - maxwell Hi-Lux
« on: February 01, 2010, 01:40:46 pm »

I see a Maxwell Hi-Lux Focusing screen for the Contax 645 for sale on eBay  (item: 200425477065)
does anyone have an experience of Maxwell screens - are they really a decent step up from regular Contax ones?

I am having trouble focusing precisely with me existing one, and an extra stop or two in brightness might help with the precision needed for digital.

tho_mas

« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2010, 02:01:49 pm »

Quote from: narikin
does anyone have an experience of Maxwell screens - are they really a decent step up from regular Contax ones?
I am having trouble focusing precisely with me existing one, and an extra stop or two in brightness might help with the precision needed for digital.
I have 2 screens of Bill Maxweel and they are very well made - I'd recommend them without restriction.
My 2 screens are made with split image - so the actual screen has a higher density than an AF screen. But these split image screens are brighter than the regular Contax AF screen (MFS-2). So I guess a highlux AF screen from Bill Maxwell must be significantly brighter than the regular Contax MFS-2 screen.

vgogolak

• http://
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2010, 07:34:37 pm »

Maxwell does a terrific job. In my case, you send the screen you want, and for about $100 he will add 2 stops min to your viewing pleasure! (he did all my Contax 645 and some Viso Leica's)

:-)

Victor
« Last Edit: February 01, 2010, 07:36:01 pm by vgogolak »

narikin

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2010, 07:49:47 pm »

I was quoted a lot more than $100!

maybe his prices have changed - over $340 for one, plus the cost of finding an original Contax 645 screen, (not cheap in this market), plus shipping etc.

maybe there are different levels of 'treatment' Hi-Lux is what we are talking of here.
Pages: [1]   Go Up