Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem working on big files  (Read 1183 times)

jenbenn

• http://
Problem working on big files
« on: January 04, 2010, 04:50:37 am »

Hi everybody,
I have a problem when working on large panorama files (500MB and above) in Lightroom 2.6. My machine is a Pc running windows vista 32 bit (Prozessor: Core 2 Quad Q8200, 2.33 Ghz, 4GB Ram). Lightroom will usually load these files in the library module and if I double click on the thumnail image in the library module, I get the usual 100% view. This is however not the case in the develop module. The file will not load fully there, meaning if I try to zoom in to 100% it will still be a low res preview file. At the same time Lightroom displays (in develop module only) : "An unkonwn error has occurred" after trying to load the file for a about 30 sec. I can then work on the file, e.g. change the develop sliders etc, but of course I cannot check sharpness due to unavailability of the 100% view. Returning to the library module, I can check the file at a 100%.  This happens with all files of 500MB and above, so its not a problem of a corrupted file.  Could it be that my machine is underequipped for  files this larege? But then: Why does the library module have no problem loading the file including all changes made to it in dvelop module?  Working on large files in Photoshop CS4 with multiple layers is also not a problem on my machine.   Any ideas what the problem is and how  I can resolve it? Your help is much appreciated!
Pages: [1]   Go Up