Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Imac processors  (Read 4764 times)

mdijb

• mdiimaging.com
New Imac processors
« on: October 20, 2009, 07:48:16 pm »

The new Imac has available a quadcore i7 nehalem processor.  the mac pro has the quadcore nehalem Xeon processor.  These both are in the nehalem family but are they similar in performance?  If so, the new Imacs announced today seem pretty attractive.
mdiimaging.com

francois

New Imac processors
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2009, 02:42:38 am »

Quote from: mdijb
The new Imac has available a quadcore i7 nehalem processor.  the mac pro has the quadcore nehalem Xeon processor.  These both are in the nehalem family but are they similar in performance?  If so, the new Imacs announced today seem pretty attractive.
The Mac Pros still offer the advantage of faster/multipe hard drives that can be combined in RAID for better performance. That said, the new 27" i5 or i7 iMacs are very attractive and they offer better performance than the MacBook Pro line. Mac Pros will probably updated early next year.

We'll need real world tests to see if theose new iMacs can compete with the current Mac Pros.
Francois

Alejandro

New Imac processors
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2009, 12:52:30 pm »

Hi everyone,

An advice please, Do you think the diferencies betwen the Intel  5i vs 7i are very important in performance in The new imacs? I mean... Is there a real big advance The Intel 7i vs Intel 5i??

Regards,

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
New Imac processors
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2009, 05:02:47 pm »

Hi,

Check here: http://diglloyd.com/diglloyd/2009-10-blog....91020Apple_iMac

Erik

Quote from: mdijb
Erik Kaffehr

Rick_Allen

• http://www.rapdigital.net
New Imac processors
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2009, 12:37:22 am »

I am seriously looking at the 2.8 and removing the dvd drive and adding a ssd drive for boot.
Rick Allen
[url=http://www.rapdigital.ne

DavidP

• papas.com
New Imac processors
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2009, 04:27:08 pm »

I would like to hear from people who get them, how the new displays are, I know there were problems getting good color and calibrating the older ones.

smahn

New Imac processors
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2009, 05:57:59 pm »

What a tragedy that such beautiful machines are rendered almost useless to many of use by hiding the screen behind glass.

Guigui

• http://
New Imac processors
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2009, 07:29:47 pm »

Quote from: smahn
What a tragedy that such beautiful machines are rendered almost useless to many of use by hiding the screen behind glass.
Hello,

I have a newbie question. Why is the glossy surface an issue ? Does it make it difficult for calibration ?

On the Apple website, they say that the new iMac LED monitors are designed to "look the same from any viewing angle". Should this statement be trusted ?

smahn

New Imac processors
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2009, 03:48:01 am »

Quote from: Guigui
Hello,

I have a newbie question. Why is the glossy surface an issue ? Does it make it difficult for calibration ?

On the Apple website, they say that the new iMac LED monitors are designed to "look the same from any viewing angle". Should this statement be trusted ?

my statement is more personal than factual. i simply find the glare on glossy screens untenable for professional use. the viewing angles may be improved by the use of ips screens, but you can be sure that viewing angle tests, and hype, assume the screens are viewed in the absence of ambient light which might glare out the screen.
Pages: [1]   Go Up