Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Canon T/S?  (Read 2971 times)

Kirk Gittings

• http://www.KirkGittings.com
New Canon T/S?
« on: September 21, 2009, 05:27:18 pm »

I have been waiting patiently for these to become available in the US. But this is getting ridiculous. I need them for an upcoming commission. I am on a couple of retail waiting lists. They have been out for a couple of months in Europe right? Anyone have any idea what the holdup is here.
Thanks,
Kirk Gittings

dchew

• Dave Chew Photography
New Canon T/S?
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2009, 05:29:41 pm »

It's driving me nuts too.  I know B&H got another shipment from Canon because the 5DII's are available again.

Dave

Edit: Well the 5D's WERE available yesterday.  All gone again.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2009, 05:32:36 pm by dchew »

asf

• http://www.adamfriedberg.com
New Canon T/S?
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2009, 06:57:30 pm »

Don't know what to tell you - I've had mine for a while and have seen a couple in NY.

Can you call Canon directly? Have any contacts at the bigger pro stores in NY or LA? Order from Europe? I know they're readily available in the big stores in Tokyo and have been for a long time. There are buying services in Japan that are pretty easy to deal with.

Kirk Gittings

• http://www.KirkGittings.com
New Canon T/S?
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2009, 07:25:03 pm »

Quote from: asf
Don't know what to tell you - I've had mine for a while and have seen a couple in NY.

Can you call Canon directly? Have any contacts at the bigger pro stores in NY or LA? Order from Europe? I know they're readily available in the big stores in Tokyo and have been for a long time. There are buying services in Japan that are pretty easy to deal with.

For that price I want a US warranty. I have emailed one of the execs at B&H, but have not heard back yet.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2009, 07:35:39 pm by Kirk Gittings »
Thanks,
Kirk Gittings

erick.boileau

• http://
New Canon T/S?
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2009, 01:52:05 am »

I don't understand what is doing Canon , I am waiting for the TS 24 too
they are totally ridiculous

thierrylegros396

New Canon T/S?
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2009, 04:51:03 am »

We had the same problems with EOS300D in Belgium a few years ago !

Had to wait several months before really available.

Hope for this is not a production problem.

Have a Nice Day.

Thierry
« Last Edit: September 22, 2009, 04:51:33 am by thierrylegros396 »

Anders P

New Canon T/S?
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2009, 01:35:56 pm »

I bought both the 17 mm and 24 mm TS-Es a month ago right off the shelf here in Finland. No problems with availability here at least and you wouldn't think Finland's anywhere near high priority. Then again its a tiny market and maybe Canon over estimated demand.

Hope you get your lenses soon Kirk, they're both great tools!

//Anders

spotmeter

• http://www.photographica.us
New Canon T/S?
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2009, 09:22:34 pm »

Quote from: Kirk Gittings
I have been waiting patiently for these to become available in the US. But this is getting ridiculous. I need them for an upcoming commission. I am on a couple of retail waiting lists. They have been out for a couple of months in Europe right? Anyone have any idea what the holdup is here.

Quite a few are available on ebay from Hong Kong and Japanese sellers with good feedback.  And the prices are good too, with free shipping.

MontanaGriz

New Canon T/S?
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2009, 01:32:47 am »

Kirk I have no idea... I ordered one end of July and had it by Aug 15th! I absolutely love it! Give my friend Steve Neal a call at Neal's Camera, Philipsburg Montana.406.859.3855.

JonRoemer

• http://www.jonroemer.com/
New Canon T/S?
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2009, 08:42:06 am »

B&H currently has the 17 t/s.

Adorama has the 24 t/s II as of this morning.

Both dealers have had both lenses, on and off, over the past couple of weeks.

I don't know what Canon is doing.  I was able to get my 17 t/s through a local dealer who usually has no problem getting stock.  That was six weeks ago.  I've been patiently waiting for him to get the 24 t/s II but no such luck.  In the interim I've had four architecture projects to shoot, it would have been nice to have the new 24 t/s II for those.  So, with some pending arch. work scheduled when I got the automated email yesterday from B&H saying it was in stock I ordered it immediately.

Canon definitely seems to be supplying B&H and Adorama but few others.  Register for each lens at B&H and you'll get an email when they're in stock or check Amazon because they'll tell you how many Adorama has of each when they are available.

--
Site | Blog
Pages: [1]   Go Up