Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: p65+ sensor error  (Read 7991 times)

david.westphal

p65+ sensor error
« on: July 20, 2009, 10:51:44 am »

I have a p65+ H mount for about a month now.  I've been getting this error while shooting.  I've shot with both the H2 and alpa 12max.  This error has come up on both camera systems with 2 different mbp with multiple firewire cables.  Anyone else seen this error with their p65+?  

eleanorbrown

• Eleanor Brown Photography
p65+ sensor error
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2009, 10:57:13 am »

I would suggest you contact your Phase dealer.  You shouldn't be getting this error.  eleanor

Quote from: david.westphal
I have a p65+ H mount for about a month now.  I've been getting this error while shooting.  I've shot with both the H2 and alpa 12max.  This error has come up on both camera systems with 2 different mbp with multiple firewire cables.  Anyone else seen this error with their p65+?  

Eleanor Brown
[url=http://www.eleanorbro

david.westphal

p65+ sensor error
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2009, 11:09:08 am »

I've already got a case going and talking with phase about this issue.  I am trying to determine if the issue is systemic or if it's a specific defect with my back.  I've also used a second p65+ that had the same problem.  Phase is saying that it is a heat issue with the sensor.  If this is the case, then there is an engineering issue with the new back.  Basically, zero latency would be unusable as phase has not engineered effective cooling system for the chip in that latency mode.

narikin

p65+ sensor error
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2009, 11:14:43 am »

I've seen that once or twice in non-back formatted cards. but its gone away on proper formatting.
you probably are, but be sure to freshly format your cards in the actual P65+ back once or twice to be safe, before EVERY use.

also - check its not card specific - i.e. keep track which card gives it, and whether it occurs across a range of CF cards/brands

david.westphal

p65+ sensor error
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2009, 11:27:35 am »

The errors are from shooting tethered.

narikin

p65+ sensor error
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2009, 11:36:50 am »

The errors are from shooting tethered.

ok well scratch that...
I've been working outdoors in summer with my P65+ back for hours on end, continuously on, and the backs got pretty hot - but I've not suffered from it like you appear to be.
I'm not tethered, so ?
« Last Edit: July 20, 2009, 11:40:47 am by narikin »

Khun_K

• http://
p65+ sensor error
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2009, 11:38:42 am »

Interesting, I can't give you other suggestion except consulting with your dealer, I use P backs for many years and so far lucky not having such issue, I hope when I get my P65+ next month it will be free of issue.  Anyway, I am interesting to have your comment about the overall performance of H lenses and Alpa lenses?  I also use H3D39, and Phase back on Contax, and I got a few Alpa with C adapter for Phase back, I am thinking about moving the P back from Contax to H mount, something I hate to do, but Contax as good as it is, it gets older everyday and no official support.

Regards,K

david.westphal

p65+ sensor error
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2009, 11:49:29 am »

deleted by author.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2009, 11:50:10 am by david.westphal »

DesW

p65+ sensor error
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2009, 02:13:42 pm »

Hello,

I have had that  occur with P65+ tethered with Macbook Pro when the battery in the Mac gets too low.

Phase had some convoluted workaround external battery booster thingy--never tried it--but now keep Laptop spare batteries fully charged and no problemos!

Good luck,

DesW

Christopher

• http://www.hauser-photoart.com
p65+ sensor error
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2009, 02:43:45 pm »

Quote from: DesW
Hello,

I have had that  occur with P65+ tethered with Macbook Pro when the battery in the Mac gets too low.

Phase had some convoluted workaround external battery booster thingy--never tried it--but now keep Laptop spare batteries fully charged and no problemos!

Good luck,

DesW

Never had it with my P65. Certianly no heat problem. (Shooting in 130 degrees for quite some time) However I'm not using a mac.
Christopher Hauser
[email=chris@hauser-p

david.westphal

p65+ sensor error
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2009, 05:39:55 pm »

It looks like it is an issue shooting tethered with zero latency on the back.  If anyone encounters this error, please post.  That would be with a P5+ only.

David

AlexM

• Alex Maxim fashion and glamour photographer in Toronto
p65+ sensor error
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2009, 07:45:46 pm »

I had something like this a few times with H3DII. I think it was a firewire synchronization error. Restarting software and reconnecting the camera helped in my case. I blame it on the computer software.

Have you tried it with a different laptop?
« Last Edit: July 24, 2009, 12:27:20 am by Oleksiy »

Henry Goh

p65+ sensor error
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2009, 12:08:58 am »

Didn't know you can mount a P65+ on a H3DII.

David,

My guess is insufficient power coming from the MBP.

Hope Phaseone will get this resolved for you quickly.

Good luck.

david.westphal

p65+ sensor error
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2009, 10:20:33 pm »

Quote from: Henry Goh
Didn't know you can mount a P65+ on a H3DII.

David,

My guess is insufficient power coming from the MBP.

Hope Phaseone will get this resolved for you quickly.

Good luck.

Not a power issue.  Engineering defect.  Told not to use zero latency unless I had to use it.  Phase has told me that it is a heat related issue with zero latency.  It's a crock of shit as far as I am concerned.  So far no word that they are going to fix this.  Instead offering a work around which is not to use zero latency.  Not an acceptable response as far as I am concerned.  

I believe that in my previous post, I indicated to post as it relates to phase backs, not imacon/hasselblad backs.

Christopher

p65+ sensor error
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2009, 11:48:03 pm »

Not a power issue.  Engineering defect.  Told not to use zero latency unless I had to use it.  Phase has told me that it is a heat related issue with zero latency.  It's a crock of shit as far as I am concerned.  So far no word that they are going to fix this.  Instead offering a work around which is not to use zero latency.  Not an acceptable response as far as I am concerned.  

I believe that in my previous post, I indicated to post as it relates to phase backs, not imacon/hasselblad backs.

Once again looks more like a very special problem. I'm using Zero La. All the time with my large format camera. No problems so far. I have never seen it. So perhaps it really is a mac problem.
Christopher Hauser
[email=chris@hauser-p

david.westphal

p65+ sensor error
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2009, 12:20:12 am »

Quote from: Christopher
Once again looks more like a very special problem. I'm using Zero La. All the time with my large format camera. No problems so far. I have never seen it. So perhaps it really is a mac problem.

I don't see how it is a mac problem but I will look further into it.  I believe this error comes even when using the back on battery power.  I don't see, other than this, how it could be mac related?  If it's a transmission issue, then I believe that it would occur with either normal latency or zero latency.

Christopher

p65+ sensor error
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2009, 02:05:12 am »

I don't see how it is a mac problem but I will look further into it.  I believe this error comes even when using the back on battery power.  I don't see, other than this, how it could be mac related?  If it's a transmission issue, then I believe that it would occur with either normal latency or zero latency.

What else could it be ? It could be a specific back problem or specific mac to back problem. I'm just saying that it probably is not a zero lat. problem. Or I am just lucky and it works just fine with my back.
Christopher Hauser
[email=chris@hauser-p

tho_mas

p65+ sensor error
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2009, 06:32:46 am »

Not a Mac Problem: http://luminous-landscape.com/forum/index....showtopic=34352
Could be voltage, Firewire cable, CF card, sync error or something else.
Pages: [1]   Go Up