I've tried a number of medium format systems for nature photography and had all but given up.
I had explored a project getting a Phase One P45+ to work with a Hasselblad 203FE in focal plane shutter mode, but in the end decided it would be too much work. But now this--a cable-free high resolution digital V-series camera!
A few questions for the Hasselblad?
1) This back is shipping when?
2) I noticed there is no DAC available for any of the FE series lenses. I assume this was a business decision based on the numbers of these lenses out there, and not a technical limitation? If I did take the plunge a number of my lenses would be FE, and I'd like to know if there's even a chance that they could one day benefit from DAC.
3) Is the back available in black trim?
4) I assume for portrait orientation 4:3 shots, the back must be removed, rotated 90 degrees and reattached?
5) Is lens information included in the CFV metadata? (CFE/FE lenses of course)
6) What happens with DAC when a 1.4x TC is used?
7) Shooting in crop mode is simply a metadata setting that Phocus respects? ie. If I have the camera set to shoot square, and change my mind in post, can I still "reveal" the full 4:3 shot?
What is the LiveView story for the CFV39?
9) Who should I contact to arrange for a test drive? (I am based in Seattle, WA).