Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Buying Capture One 4.6 from Phase One - download only?  (Read 4536 times)

The View

Buying Capture One 4.6 from Phase One - download only?
« on: February 24, 2009, 03:57:37 am »

I was about to order Capture One 4.6 and Microsoft Expressions Media 2 from Phase One.

But then it wasn't clear if you only get a download, or also the discs. There are no indications about it, and Phase One seems to be slow with answering emails, as I still have no reply to an e-mail to the sales department.

I'd like to know if you have bought Capture One from the Phase One website and if you had the option to receive a disc.

Thanks.
The View of deserts, forests, mountains. Not the TV show that I have never watched.

James R

« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2009, 10:16:49 pm »

Quote from: The View
I was about to order Capture One 4.6 and Microsoft Expressions Media 2 from Phase One.

But then it wasn't clear if you only get a download, or also the discs. There are no indications about it, and Phase One seems to be slow with answering emails, as I still have no reply to an e-mail to the sales department.

I'd like to know if you have bought Capture One from the Phase One website and if you had the option to receive a disc.

Thanks.

I believe you must download the program.  A disk would be useless anyways, as PhaseOne is upgrading somewhat frequently--a program still in development.  BTW, make sure you download 4.6.  Also, once you buy the program, you will be able to join the PhaseOne forum.  There you can ask questions, read about issues, and get answers.  I check the site every day.

Jack Varney

• http://
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2009, 09:23:44 pm »

James is right the download is all you need. Make sure to keep a copy of the downloaded file. You can then reinstall it in the event your computer crashes, and it will at some point!

One of the really nice features of Phase's method is  that you can, after a crash or upon an upgrade to a new computer, log on to your user account and deactivate Capture One from your system. Then when you reinstall Capture One you haven't "spent" one of your two activations.
Jack Varney
Pages: [1]   Go Up