Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: recent trip to France  (Read 4782 times)

rbayle

recent trip to France
« on: January 07, 2009, 09:28:23 pm »

hello everyone!

some pictures I did from France.
paris, castles, country...hundreds of nice pictures with a lot of mood, here is a first serie I just finished...

let me know what you think!
thanks for watching.
romain

www.romainbayle.com

John R

recent trip to France
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2009, 10:00:25 pm »

Quote from: rbayle
hello everyone!

some pictures I did from France.
paris, castles, country...hundreds of nice pictures with a lot of mood, here is a first serie I just finished...

let me know what you think!
thanks for watching.
romain

www.romainbayle.com
These are very good and most have an atmospheric quality. Fortunately, your strong use of filters works precisely because of the atmospheric quality and because the images are interpretive in nature.

John R
« Last Edit: January 07, 2009, 10:02:13 pm by John R »

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings
recent trip to France
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2009, 03:34:33 am »

Quote from: John R
These are very good and most have an atmospheric quality. Fortunately, your strong use of filters works precisely because of the atmospheric quality and because the images are interpretive in nature.

Yes... there's some good work here, but I wouldn't want a steady diet of them.  Thanks for sharing them though!

Mike.
If your mind is attuned t

leeonmaui

recent trip to France
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2009, 04:11:56 am »

Aloha,

Thank you for sharing.

Before I would make my comments, could you tell me if you would present the works in this format, paired off like this or is this just done to save space?

please let me know and i will respond,

A any rate there are some images with a nice impact that are effective.

warmest regards, lee

PS I love france, some of the most beautiful scenery in Europe!

NikoJorj

• http://nikojorj.free.fr/
recent trip to France
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2009, 07:10:14 am »

Quote from: leeonmaui
PS I love france, some of the most beautiful scenery in Europe!
Please, no mistakes : France has the most beautiful scenery of the entire universe (and, very probably, of elsewhere too but it's harder to be sure unfortunately - the exact kind of things we need Super-Dupont to look at).

The "lomographist" treatment of the pair of parisian images is a tad less to my taste...
But I really feel something stong in all the others, congratulations.
Nicolas from Grenoble
A small gallery

rbayle

recent trip to France
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2009, 12:02:58 pm »

thanks everyone for answering!

John: yes the light had a special quality, morning sun with massive mist = results I love with very strong mood.

Mike: If you don't want to eat to much of these, have a snack on my website

Lee: I want to know your secret comment, so I will answer saying that some of these pictures will be paired (like the first two, maybe the fourth), otherwise I will (try) sell them separately.
But I really like using few pictures at the same time, it adds impact.

Nicolas: "The "lomographist" treatment" is not a treatment, I used a holga lens fitted on a canon body, I love that lens when I need that very special effect on the images. but definitely not the taste of everybody. merci pour ton commentaire!

voila
romain

www.romainbayle.com

leeonmaui

recent trip to France
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2009, 12:39:42 am »

Aloha,

Thank you for letting me know as to your intentions, I don't really have a "secret comment" as such; i just was not sure of your intentions.

I do like the pairing of the pieces discribed 1,2 and 4 I agree; they are the strongest images together.

Number 4 I think is the best. I love working with segmented colors as well, the lower part if printed properly printed should really blast off the wall with the right lighting! which might cause the upper part to be overpowered? At any rate lighting on these works will be key for exhibit....

Did you explore other ways of combining them such as a softer adjacent edge or a black boarder, effectively making a more traditional diptych.  

The horizontal composition in number 4 is very strong! really enjoyable, I'm sure this would make a great print on its own, you probably could go pretty large as detail sharpness is not a big issue, what camera did you use?

I liked the idea of the road and tree, trying to bring two elements that do not have a common intersection together is cool,  taking ordinary things and combining them can at times bring extraordinary images. Some of the power might be lost as what is called for sometimes is "bridge" to join the elements to show or infer the similarities of the apparently dissimilar elements.  At least you have shown both images here in black and white so we do have a sense of a visual bridge.

I do think the works are effective though and enjoyed looking at them and thinking about them.

Congratulations on your show! good luck; I am opening my first exhibition here in Lahaina tomorrow!

Warmest regards

Lee
Lahaina, hawaii

rbayle

recent trip to France
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2009, 03:42:36 pm »

salut, (aloha in french, I guess...

I tried many different ways to combine pictures together, in that case I did maybe a bit too fast (read messy).
The one I really want to try is to combine 3 20x30 to create a big display, probably for a next exhibition.
Printing big is my actual problem (I use a 5D), it's not as sharp as what I want (for large prints, which is what I do the most), looks like a medium format is needed, but I need to sell millions of images to buy one

Good show to you too!
do you have a website?

see you!

romain

Roeland

• http://
recent trip to France
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2009, 02:37:30 pm »

Hi there,

Just watched your images and I like the way they express a certain atmosphere.  Although we certainly do not have the same idea about editing images, I really enjoy these images because they have a very strong message which I think is a 'must' in photography. I started using a 5D as well recently because of the price drop, took it to Sweden, Italy and Germany so far. I have that wild idea of mounting a Carl Zeiss Distagon on it but my wallet says no...

Good luck with your exposition!

Roeland
Pages: [1]   Go Up