Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: C1 4.5 works with OsX 10.4.11  (Read 10524 times)

TMARK

C1 4.5 works with OsX 10.4.11
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2008, 06:48:34 pm »

I won't update my OS until my scanner software, rips, other drivers etc are updated.  

Since I don't have a Phase back anymore, I don't think I need to upgrade to 4.5.  LR 2 and RD work better than fine with Canon and Leaf files.  

By the way, LC 11 is fantastic.  Not as fast as C1, but what a nice converter.  The moire tool is really great in LC11.

Doug Peterson

• http://www.doug-peterson.com
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2008, 07:33:57 pm »

Quote from: Snook
This is exactly what most people were saying..
That is was finally going to be released but we were going to be the Beta testers and work through the Bugs..
Phase said no, they have been testing it for a while..
Who were they testing this stuff with????????
Have they tried different machines, different configurations???
So far I like it and have not seen any bugs but... jeeez this is getting frustrating..
I guess I'll try it when I can .. Just wanted one single tethering program that could do everything as I hated Hot folders etc... and going back and forth from one program to another....

Maybe phase should get some help with these things...

I'll comment more after using it some more and give them the benefit of the doubt...

I am sure they new that the release was going to get all kinds of mixed feelings.... I guess they could have told people a long time ago that it was for 10.5 and many could have lost hopes.
I personally find 10.5.5 very stable and much snappier than 10.4 but do understand people not wanting to change their OS if they are happy how it is...
Eventually they will have to change the OS for sure...
Snook

Guys, I'm really sorry, but I'm completely confused at these comments. The download link to Capture One 4.5 Pro clearly states 10.5.5 and higher. It's not big flashing red text, but it is by no means hidden. The fact then that it doesn't work on 10.4 is not a programming failure; it is expected because you're not running on a machine that meets the min requirements.

That said, I share your frustration that they did not produce a version compatible with 10.4 and especially that they didn't let us know until right before the release. But keep in mind 10.5 has been out for over a year and is already half way through its expected life-time. There is nothing today (e.g. 3.7.9) you couldn't do yesterday, only additional features and workflow options.

Doug Peterson,  Head of Technical Services
Capture Integration, Phase One Dealer
Personal Portfolio

Kitty

• http://
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2008, 10:55:56 pm »

Quote from: TMARK
I won't update my OS until my scanner software, rips, other drivers etc are updated.

I am 2nd to this.

amsp

« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2008, 05:04:08 am »

Quote from: dougpetersonci
Guys, I'm really sorry, but I'm completely confused at these comments. The download link to Capture One 4.5 Pro clearly states 10.5.5 and higher. It's not big flashing red text, but it is by no means hidden. The fact then that it doesn't work on 10.4 is not a programming failure; it is expected because you're not running on a machine that meets the min requirements.

That said, I share your frustration that they did not produce a version compatible with 10.4 and especially that they didn't let us know until right before the release. But keep in mind 10.5 has been out for over a year and is already half way through its expected life-time. There is nothing today (e.g. 3.7.9) you couldn't do yesterday, only additional features and workflow options.

Personal Portfolio
What's to be confused about? I've waited like 2 years for this software and I'm just disappointed as hell with PhaseOne. The 4.1 version you've been teasing me with for months now didn't need OsX 10.5 and neither do any of the other major RAW programs, so why does 4.5 demand it? The fact that I could get it running on my machine, even if it was only once, tells me there is no logical reason. After all this time it just feels like a final slap in the face and I've had enough. Don't get me wrong, I still love my P25, but I'm grateful to Adobe that I'm not stuck with C1.

bcooter

« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2008, 09:04:30 am »

Quote from: Kitty
I am 2nd to this.

I'm not saying this is just Phase, but if you are busy and run multiple computers you can spend your life just updating stuff.

Sometimes digital capture reminds me of hiring a building contractor.  You spend so much time being involved with the building process you never get any of your own work done.

So updating, sure we all have to do it, but if what I have works, there has to be a really can't do without reason to make the change.  Whether an os is 1 or 4 years old doesn't matter, but I think we all know that new OS systems, new software are rarely bug free and we all end up beta testings in some way.

I know dealers and db makers make there living with this stuff and are obviously more involved, but for most of us digital is just a means to a very different end.

Big Cooter

Kitty

• http://
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2008, 10:22:13 pm »

Well said Big Cooter. Update OS is big deal for me.

TMARK

« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2008, 02:57:54 am »

Quote from: Kitty
Well said Big Cooter. Update OS is big deal for me.

me too.  I'd love to update to 10.5.5, but then my rips and SilverFast may not work, which would not benefit me.  If I had to update all of my software to work with 10.5, it would be either a). really expensive or  really painful, or bother, or c) impossible.

jmboss

« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2008, 04:22:43 am »

I guess my question got lost in the urgency of the other posts.

Hopefully, someone has an answer.  Steve or Doug maybe?

Is anybody successfully running the new C1 Pro 4.5 on a Mac G4 with a Power PC CPU, as opposed to a "recommended Intel based Mac" as stated in the software's release notes and elsewhere on the Phase One website?

Thank you for any information,

Joe

Guy Mancuso

• http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/index.php
« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2008, 09:21:08 am »

For those that want to try and see if 10.5.5 works with there scanners and printers and such, there is a very easy way to test this . Get a external firewire drive and carbon copy your main drive to it completely. Than install leopard on it and C1 4.5 than just boot up from that drive and see if everything is working out and than if you want to keep it and put back on your main drive just carbon copy it over to your main drive. This way you still have Tiger on your main drive until you move it over, no lose of work in progress and see if everything works they way you like it to.

http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/13260
[url=http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/showt

Doug Peterson

• http://www.doug-peterson.com
« Reply #29 on: October 20, 2008, 10:47:02 am »

Quote from: jmboss
Is anybody successfully running the new C1 Pro 4.5 on a Mac G4 with a Power PC CPU, as opposed to a "recommended Intel based Mac" as stated in the software's release notes and elsewhere on the Phase One website?

You're right, just too many questions all at once; simply overlooked yours.

Yes it will run on a Power PC (provided it is running 10.5.5). However I have to bring you the bad news that performance on a G4 will likely be frustrating to the point of insanity. We can argue about how "old" is "old" and you're welcome to be frustrated that P1 is essentially not supporting your G4 but the bottom line is that you either need to continue running the workflow you have (3.7.9?) or upgrade your hardware.

G5s we only have 2nd hand reports on (since we have no G5s on location here), but so far reports have been pretty decent. While performance is tuned for the Intel chips a sufficiently fast G5 will handle the program well.

Personal Portfolio

jmboss

« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2008, 01:34:21 pm »

Quote from: dougpetersonci
You're right, just too many questions all at once; simply overlooked yours.

Yes it will run on a Power PC (provided it is running 10.5.5). However I have to bring you the bad news that performance on a G4 will likely be frustrating to the point of insanity. We can argue about how "old" is "old" and you're welcome to be frustrated that P1 is essentially not supporting your G4 but the bottom line is that you either need to continue running the workflow you have (3.7.9?) or upgrade your hardware.

G5s we only have 2nd hand reports on (since we have no G5s on location here), but so far reports have been pretty decent. While performance is tuned for the Intel chips a sufficiently fast G5 will handle the program well.

Personal Portfolio

Doug, Thank you for the Information. This gives me a few more temporary Mac options hardware wise, along with the use of 10.5.5 for the new C1 Pro 4.5.

Kind Regards,

Joe

BlasR

• http://BMRWorldPhotos.com
« Reply #31 on: October 20, 2008, 07:45:11 pm »

Hello Doug,

can you help with the if you can,

"The queue is currently stopped, do you want to start it again?"

If I click yes, will kick me out,  

I have mac OS X 10.5.5 2x3.2 GHz Quad-core Intel Xeon.

Thank You

BlasR
BlasR
  [url=http://www.BMRWORLDPHOTOS.CO
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up