Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Do not buy from BUY.COM  (Read 2483 times)

hassiman

Do not buy from BUY.COM
« on: September 19, 2008, 04:13:49 pm »

Hi,

Just a warning.  I boughgt a stinking $16 USB 2.0 cable from BUY.COM and FedEx delivered it to the wrong address ( said it was delivered but I never got it..) so I told BUY.COM and their response after 5 days was :

"Hello  Thank you for shopping at Buy.com. While researching your claim request for item #10162323 Belkin Gold Series USB 2.0 Device Cable - 10 feet - Black  on order #########, the shipping company has confirmed that your package was delivered to the Ship To address you listed on your order. We therefore regret to inform you that
your claim request has been denied.

In many cases, we will file a claim with any appropriate third parties. If additional information comes to light as a result, we will reconsider our findings and inform you. We apologize for any inconvenience. Sincerely, Customer Support Team "

Glad it wasn't something more expensive.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2008, 04:14:23 pm by hassiman »

framah

Do not buy from BUY.COM
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2008, 04:33:30 pm »

This isn't Buy.com's fault.

It is Fedex fault in that their policy is that they are allowed to leave it if no one is home. It might have actually been delivered to your address but it was stolen from your doorstep.

If your are worried about them leaving it at your house while you aren't home, have it delivered to where you work... with your bosses approval of course.
"It took a  lifetime of suffering and personal sacrifice to develop my keen aesthetic sense."

Scott Martin

• Onsight
Do not buy from BUY.COM
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2008, 04:34:41 pm »

If FedEx was given the correct address then I'd say the problem is with FedEx, not Buy.com. Talk with your regular neighborhood FedEx driver about it - they are very responsive.
Scott Martin
www.on-sight.com

kaelaria

• http://www.bgpictures.com
Do not buy from BUY.COM
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2008, 12:47:12 am »

I never figured out why people post complaints like this, it just makes you look like a complete idiot.

Geoff Wittig

Do not buy from BUY.COM
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2008, 07:25:15 am »

I never figured out why people post complaints like this, it just makes you look like a complete idiot.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=222818\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Nice.

Really classy.

Have a great day.

marty m

• http://
Do not buy from BUY.COM
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2008, 03:17:14 pm »

There is one aspect of Fedex that most people are not aware of.  Fedex leaves hangers on door knobs asking for permission to redeliver, and not get a signature when they redeliver -- to leave it on the door step.  Once that is signed, it applies FOR FIVE YEARS.

If you live in a rental, and anyone signed that, it applies to the house or rental for the five full years.

I once sold an item through Ebay.  The guy claimed he never got it.  Fedex claimed they delivered it -- without getting a signature.  They explained that someone had signed the door hanger, three years earlier.  This was done by a previous renter, not by the current occupant, but Fedex didn't care.

What made the difference is that in the intervening years the legal owner of the residence had changed.  So the previous signature had no validity at that location.

Fedex was then forced to pay the insurance.

Fedex is notorious for this policy.  But UPS also leaves packages without getting a signature.

The above advice to ship to your work location is the only solution.

When I ship an item I sold on ebay, I ship through the USPS only and pay for certified delivery with signature required -- the signature of the person the package is delivered to.  That is the only way to prove delivery.

Or not, in the case of Fedex or UPS
« Last Edit: September 20, 2008, 03:19:41 pm by marty m »

marty m

• http://
Do not buy from BUY.COM
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2008, 03:21:09 pm »

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=222818\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
The photo you use with your posts speaks for itself.  Maybe you should not be calling people idiots, based on the photo and your other posts.

kaelaria

• http://www.bgpictures.com
Do not buy from BUY.COM
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2008, 03:36:00 pm »

LOL you can feel angry at my sarcasm all you like - I'm still right

The guy has a problem with FedEx (clearly) and he posts a title of "Do not buy from BUY.COM"

I think idiot is a fair description.  Everyone is entitled to their own opinion of course

Right up there with the guy that put all his files in the same place on a plane and they got fubared, then he posts a complaint about blaming other people.  Yup, fits the bill too

HIGH FIVE!
« Last Edit: September 20, 2008, 03:36:22 pm by kaelaria »
Pages: [1]   Go Up