Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HP Photosmart Pro B189180 Centering  (Read 2033 times)

Florentine

HP Photosmart Pro B189180 Centering
« on: May 31, 2008, 09:05:01 am »

I have a HP Photosmart Pro B9180, intel iMac, Leopard, PhotoShop CS3

I can't figure out why prints won't ALWAYS print in center. I check all boxes possible, I  have entered the right paper size and yet often the print is NOT centered. Occasionally it is does print in center, which is just as frustrating, since I don't think anything has changed.

thanks!
« Last Edit: May 31, 2008, 09:07:28 am by Florentine »

deelight

• http://
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2008, 12:29:52 pm »

Florentine!

Did you check what papers were used when printing centered vs. not in center? I have a Z3100 HP and it wont print borderless on matte papers but will on glossy.

If you then choose a paper size that is actually the same like the one in the printer but is matte (where it doesn´t print borderless) the printer will add a border (around 5mm each side in my case) and then start the print. Of course then there is 1cm missing in total which is not to see if your picure contains white borders. BUT the picture will be NOT centered.

At least this is what took me some headache 1 year ago.

Hope it helps...

Best,

Clem
« Last Edit: May 31, 2008, 12:30:57 pm by deelight »

professorgb

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2008, 01:30:16 am »

I don't use a Mac, so take this with a grain of salt.  I have had the same problem, and found that the answer was simple.  In the Vista driver interface, under the "Advanced" tab, is a selection for "minimize margins."  If this isn't turned on, my prints fail to center.  And, for some frustrating and unknown reason, this selection resets itself to the "off" selection.

Perhaps there is some Mac equivalent to this tab.  Neil Snape would know for sure.  Try looking him up--he frequents this forum.

I have a HP Photosmart Pro B9180, intel iMac, Leopard, PhotoShop CS3

I can't figure out why prints won't ALWAYS print in center. I check all boxes possible, I  have entered the right paper size and yet often the print is NOT centered. Occasionally it is does print in center, which is just as frustrating, since I don't think anything has changed.

thanks!
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=199109\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Pages: [1]   Go Up