Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MacBook Pro to TV LCD for Tethering?  (Read 2828 times)

Snook

MacBook Pro to TV LCD for Tethering?
« on: May 10, 2008, 02:10:24 pm »

Sorry, was not sure where to ask this..
Bit since I will be using the set-up fro MF I thought I post it here.
Or maybe you guys will steer me another way?
I basically was thinking about buying a 32-40 inch LCD TV HDTV monitor to use when shooting i Studio so that my clients and I can see the pictures even Bigger than on 17 inch Laptop or even my 30 inch cinema display which is further back in the studio.
Is it useable to use a 1098X786 type HDTV screen LCD as a monitor.
BASically want to have C_1 up on the TV screen to see the images as they Pop up.
Seeing how these LCD's TV's have come down a lot in price I thought it would be beat to have a big one in the studio to see images as they Pop up in a semi viewing area for the art director and or client?
Thanks for any advice on this.
I already have a 30" CInema display fro editing photoshopping etc.. I just want something that is going to show the images BIG as they Pop up in C-1.
Thank you
Snook

Frank Doorhof

• http://
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2008, 06:03:08 pm »

Use it as a second monitor with only the preview on it.
I use a similair setup on exhibitions were I demo, the people only see the picture and I can see the software and browse.

I would advise to make 100% sure you can connect a PC/Mac to the monitor and get a correct aspect ration 1:1 pixel ratio.
Some TV's will distort your PC/Mac signal to a slightly squeezed image.

Snook

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2008, 08:09:58 pm »

Use it as a second monitor with only the preview on it.
I use a similair setup on exhibitions were I demo, the people only see the picture and I can see the software and browse.

I would advise to make 100% sure you can connect a PC/Mac to the monitor and get a correct aspect ration 1:1 pixel ratio.
Some TV's will distort your PC/Mac signal to a slightly squeezed image.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=194916\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thanks Frank..
Are you using a 1089 X 786 or similar or you using the higher end HDTV's that are out now.

Basically that is what I wanted to do.. run program one one and just preview on the other?
CAn you put just the preview on one side in C-1?? Not sure about that either.. I will have to ask around.
Thank you for you input
Snook

Frank Doorhof

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2008, 05:29:59 am »

Mostly at exhibition the set is provided for us, most of the time it are 1920x1080 display (HD).
Best bets are Samsung LCD's or Sony LCD's they can be set rather easily in the service menus.

I don't know for C1, I use Leaf Capture at the moment.
In the past it was possible with C1 3.7
« Last Edit: May 11, 2008, 05:30:40 am by Frank Doorhof »

bob mccarthy

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2008, 06:28:45 am »

I use a MacTV setup for initial edits. I don't assume color/saturation/contract is even close to what shows on a proper calibrated screen, though this 56" Samsung has been setup with all the video calibration techniques.

bob

Snook

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2008, 09:58:51 am »

I use a MacTV setup for initial edits. I don't assume color/saturation/contract is even close to what shows on a proper calibrated screen, though this 56" Samsung has been setup with all the video calibration techniques.

bob
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=194988\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Anybody know where in the C-1 menu that you can peel off the image and have it come up on another Monitor by itself?
Also where I live the they have really only 1086X768 the higher end Super HDtv's that are more than 1000,X are REALLY too expensive right now.
I really only wanted this to have the pictures come on screen so the client and art director can see them as they come in on even a bigger screen then my 30" cinema display...?
Thanks for any further info..:+}
O fcourse again this is just for viewing.. all the corrections will be done on a Calibrated monitor...:+]
Snook
Pages: [1]   Go Up