Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Leaf Capture 11.1 available for download  (Read 13437 times)

BJNY

Leaf Capture 11.1 available for download
« on: April 17, 2008, 10:54:51 am »

Guillermo

snickgrr

• http://
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2008, 12:13:57 pm »

They need to go to the ol speed-o-meter and turn the knob all the way to 11 cuz it's hella slow.
I've been downloading it now for over an hour and I'm only halfway through.

NBP

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2008, 01:35:17 pm »

They need to go to the ol speed-o-meter and turn the knob all the way to 11 cuz it's hella slow.
I've been downloading it now for over an hour and I'm only halfway through.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=190171\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Yep.
It's on about 25kb/sec on mine! 108mb to go....
...I was going out for a beer anyway tonight ;-)

Thanks for the heads up BJNY

Streetwise

• DavidAnderson.tv
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2008, 05:19:39 pm »

Yep.
It's on about 25kb/sec on mine! 108mb to go....
...I was going out for a beer anyway tonight ;-)

Thanks for the heads up BJNY
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=190190\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

170KB/Sec now. I'm guessing that the server got slammed pretty good.

Dave

klane

• I live in a c-stand fort.
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2008, 05:59:46 pm »

Update for WIView also,

I wish wiview would support the use of the ipaq for previews at the same time as tethered shooting...
Anyone know a way around this? Leaf are you listening? Seems like a simple thing to enable.

snickgrr

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2008, 07:11:02 pm »

Yair,
Maybe it's the power of suggestion but besides the functionality upgrades, did the color get tweaked for the better?
I had finished installing scant seconds before today's clients walked in this morning so the first shot out of the software was with people standing around looking at the monitors.  Today's client I've been shooting for maybe 12- 13 years now, they are one of the biggest plant and flower growers here in the US and over the years I've shot more roses, orchids, campanula, succulents, calla, hydrangea etc etc etc etc than one can even imagine.  Of course color is paramount with these people since with each variety they grow, they're in a multitude of often very similar colors.
Today's plants were some flowering cactus and gerbera both of which have almost dayglo colors in the pinks and magentas and when that first shot popped up on the screen I was amazed.  Turned to the client whom I've been working with and she said.."The color is right on the screws"

Or...maybe my lighting has improved...

yaya

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2008, 01:38:31 am »

Update for WIView also,

I wish wiview would support the use of the ipaq for previews at the same time as tethered shooting...
Anyone know a way around this? Leaf are you listening? Seems like a simple thing to enable.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=190251\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Yes we are (listening) however this isn't "a simple thing to enable" since currently the back can only work in two different "modes" i.e. tethered OR portable and the Bluetooth (as well as all the other controls) works only in portable mode.

Don't lose hope, though;)

BR

Yair

yaya

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2008, 01:42:33 am »

Yair,
Maybe it's the power of suggestion but besides the functionality upgrades, did the color get tweaked for the better?
I had finished installing scant seconds before today's clients walked in this morning so the first shot out of the software was with people standing around looking at the monitors.  Today's client I've been shooting for maybe 12- 13 years now, they are one of the biggest plant and flower growers here in the US and over the years I've shot more roses, orchids, campanula, succulents, calla, hydrangea etc etc etc etc than one can even imagine.  Of course color is paramount with these people since with each variety they grow, they're in a multitude of often very similar colors.
Today's plants were some flowering cactus and gerbera both of which have almost dayglo colors in the pinks and magentas and when that first shot popped up on the screen I was amazed.  Turned to the client whom I've been working with and she said.."The color is right on the screws"

Or...maybe my lighting has improved...
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=190268\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hard to say without knowing which back and what settings (Input profile, curve) you're using.
Most presets are constantly being worked on, even though we don't often make special announcements about it.

Glad you (and your client) are happy. Would love to see some hi-res images, hint hint...

Yair

klane

• I live in a c-stand fort.
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2008, 01:44:56 am »

OK, that certainly makes sense. It would definately be very useful in some situations if it could be enabled.....soon
« Last Edit: April 18, 2008, 01:58:09 am by klane »

Rick_Allen

• http://www.rapdigital.net
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2008, 02:10:19 am »

I'm deep into a shoot and cant change the system to 11.1 till the end of the week but can anyone tell if 11.1 is multi monitor aware, ie does the app color manage a second monitor for the preview window.
Rick Allen
[url=http://www.rapdigital.ne

yaya

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2008, 02:17:50 am »

I'm deep into a shoot and cant change the system to 11.1 till the end of the week but can anyone tell if 11.1 is multi monitor aware, ie does the app color manage a second monitor for the preview window.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=191155\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

No

Like before if you want the second monitor's profile to be used you will have to set it as the main screen's profile or to set the second screen as the main one by dragging the menu bar in the system prefs (displays arrangement).

Yair

NBP

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2008, 03:32:02 am »

Hi Yair,

File naming:

I've asked you about this small but highly annoying glitch before, but never had an answer.

This is the problem C&P'd from the Leaf forum.

03-21-2008 17:13 - Ask Leaf

When typing in a file name in manual save mode anytime that you hit the space bar to type the next word, LC takes you out of that field. Please allow the names to contain spaces, i know there is a work around to add an underscore but what a pain.
Thanks
xxxx
-------------------------------------------
re : File naming?
03-25-2008 14:47 - Ask Leaf

Hi xxxx

Currently the solution is to use the underscore for the purpose of spacing in the text field.

We are aware of this issue and will resolve it in a future version of Leaf Capture.

Thank You,

Jason
Leaf Support

Which 'future' version might we expect a fix, as it doesn't appear to be fixed at all in the latest v11.1

yaya

« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2008, 04:10:50 am »

Hi Yair,

File naming:

I've asked you about this small but highly annoying glitch before, but never had an answer.

This is the problem C&P'd from the Leaf forum.
Which 'future' version might we expect a fix, as it doesn't appear to be fixed at all in the latest v11.1
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=191170\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks Neil,

No it hasn't been fixed in 11.1. "Future" means that the correction in the code is being worked on and will be implemented in one of the next versions. Currently there is no confirmed date nor a version number for this fix...sorry...
What you can do is to type the name with no spaces and then to go back (using the arrok keys) and to insert a space. This works OK.

Yair
« Last Edit: April 22, 2008, 04:23:50 am by yaya »

pixjohn

« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2008, 03:44:14 pm »

The release note says 11.1 has correction for wide angle lens? Where is the function in 11.1? Is the  lens calibration  only good for using in post? I was under the impression we would see the same  style of lens calibration that is in V8?

yaya

« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2008, 06:38:46 pm »

The release note says 11.1 has correction for wide angle lens? Where is the function in 11.1? Is the  lens calibration  only good for using in post? I was under the impression we would see the same  style of lens calibration that is in V8?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=191457\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hi John,

Yes it is there! You will find it under Camera>Lens Calibration>Create Wizard.

It'll guide you through the process and at the end you can save and/ or load the file into your back.

You can have a look at the manual as well. Go to Help>LC Help>Search and look for "Creating a Lens Calibration File.

Hope this helps (and no you no longer need to take 8 shots for it...)

Yair

pixjohn

« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2008, 10:40:45 pm »

I have to say WOW regarding the lens calibration! It not only works, its an amazing simple to use function. I have to give it to Leaf, they finally came through. When I met with everyone at Leaf in  Israel a few months ago, I was not sure I would really see the function working. I am happy to say, you guys really improved LC 11.1. Not only the lens calibration, but also the new Compare View function is a really nice tool. I also like the new Flag Behavior.

I can really see Leaf has worked hard listening to its customers.

Check boxs

1) Custom Lens Calibration
2) Added ISO to the shoot area
3) Flag Behavior
4) Live Video
5) I have no more

My next request I can live with or with out, but I would like to also have a button on the shoot tab to access the Custom Lens Calibration. Just one less step is always nice. I have not tested the calibration with my 24xl and magenta. Any idea if this was also fixed?

thanks again

John

H1/A75 Guy

« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2008, 01:13:41 am »

I can really see Leaf has worked hard listening to its customers.
Well, hells-bells pixjohn, that's you saying something nice about Leaf? How times change. They must have taken you to the top of the mountain!
« Last Edit: April 24, 2008, 01:14:05 am by H1/A75 Guy »

pixjohn

« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2008, 01:43:08 am »

Not that simple, they finally produced what they promised 2 years ago? I now have a working system with out all the BS.

Well, hells-bells pixjohn, that's you saying something nice about Leaf? How times change. They must have taken you to the top of the mountain!
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=191554\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

jing q

• we are super
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2008, 04:54:48 am »

I guess another 2 years then before a Leaf 11.1 for Windows?
or earlier perhaps?
Pages: [1]   Go Up