Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: live view  (Read 9217 times)

snickgrr

• http://
live view
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2008, 06:14:15 pm »

You got that right with the polaroid thing.  I hated it using it with film just for that and never really knowing what you got or if you got the shot until the assistant walked in with the film.
Cool you're still using it.

PdF

live view
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2008, 05:08:14 am »

Hi Paul,

I use a product called The Light FX Light Painting System which a bought about 15 years ago.

Now with Digital I am using the Light Brush a lot more as you get the image straight away instead of countless Polaroids and then doing it all again on Trannie film.

Unfortunately I have to use my Nikon D2x to do Light Brushing at the moment cause my Leaf Aptus 75 can only do 30 seconds.

Cheers

Simon
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=176278\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

That's why my big Hosemaster don't go out of his storage box since five of six years... But, when the MFDB could work with a long time of exposure, i'm sure that my light painter will work again... an again.

PdF
PdF

Bruce Wilson

live view
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2008, 09:43:33 pm »

I've been using leaf backs since the first one with live view came out. Back on the earlier models the video was better than on my Aptus 75. I'm not sure why they got worse but they do have a problem with contrast that the ND filters will help fix.
 I shoot with both the mamiya and  a sinar p2 and when I overlay a clients layout in live view with the 4x5 they are blown away. The only problem is they then want to match there pathetic layout to what the camera actually sees!!
I run a 2nd small flat screen montior on a long 20 foot cable then I drag the live view window to that monitor and can place it either on the camera stand or on the set. It's the best thing for focus and makes everything move much faster on a busy day of shooting products.
I just bought a Mark III and want to try the live view, I'm curious how it will compare to the Leaf.

Bruce

yaya

live view
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2008, 01:09:39 am »

I've been using leaf backs since the first one with live view came out. Back on the earlier models the video was better than on my Aptus 75. I'm not sure why they got worse but they do have a problem with contrast that the ND filters will help fix.
 I shoot with both the mamiya and  a sinar p2 and when I overlay a clients layout in live view with the 4x5 they are blown away. The only problem is they then want to match there pathetic layout to what the camera actually sees!!
I run a 2nd small flat screen montior on a long 20 foot cable then I drag the live view window to that monitor and can place it either on the camera stand or on the set. It's the best thing for focus and makes everything move much faster on a busy day of shooting products.
I just bought a Mark III and want to try the live view, I'm curious how it will compare to the Leaf.

Bruce
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=176982\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Bruce I take it that you're using V8? Have you tried the Live View in 11.0.2?

Better quality and more important you can run the "Preview Monitor" on a 2nd screen, at any size, zoomed to 1:1...

Worth a try

Yair

Bruce Wilson

live view
« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2008, 03:32:14 am »

Bruce I take it that you're using V8? Have you tried the Live View in 11.0.2?

Better quality and more important you can run the "Preview Monitor" on a 2nd screen, at any size, zoomed to 1:1...

Worth a try

Yair
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=177013\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Yair

Funny you should mention Version 11. I was planning on trying it next week.  I never felt comfortable  with V10 and V8 was always rock solid for me. I think software is one of the keys for me staying with leaf and DB's. I'm partial to Leaf because I'm so comfortable with it after years of using the same system but I've used both Sinar and Phase and think all have better software compared to what the Canon and Nikon people have. (although Capture One PRO is a great choice, I just never liked using it tethered)

On a different note, does live view work with the Mamiya AFDII. I was told at one point that it was going to be a software fix/update but that was over a year ago and I haven't really done much research on it for a while.

Thanks
Bruce
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up