Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Benro Carbon Fiber Tripods  (Read 9697 times)

Killer Angel

Benro Carbon Fiber Tripods
« on: February 14, 2008, 02:07:42 am »

I am thinking of getting a Benro Carbon Fiber tripod for myself.For those of you who has had any experiences with Benro Carbon Fiber tripods,what do you think of them?Would you highly recommend them?Is it true that they are comparable to Gitzo Carbon Fiber tripods?
Thanks.

RoelandFort

• http://
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2008, 05:02:53 am »

There is only one thing I do not like about them, they all have a centre column!
If this is not a problem for you, go for it!
I use my benro most of the time but have a gitzo for low work  
« Last Edit: February 14, 2008, 05:03:54 am by RoelandFort »

seanw

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2008, 09:44:58 am »

I love mine but I have never owned a Gitzo carbon fiber model to compare it with, only a Gitzo aluminum model.

I think it's very good quality and  when compared to a Gitzo model with the same weight, max load, height, etc... was almost a third of the price. I bought mine from LinkDelight on ebay. Even with the international shipping cost is was still less than half the Gitzo price. Excellent value IMHO.

The only minor negative for me is that the foot spikes are not built into the bottom like my old Gitzo which had rubber feet over the spikes. So you have to unscrew the rubber feet and screw the spikes in.

The other possible downside is the leg locks are twist and not flip levers. But I don't believe any Gitzos are flip levers either. It does have the sealed twist locks but flip levers hold up better when exposed to sand, dust or mud which may or may not be an issue for you.

Colorado David

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2008, 11:07:49 am »

I bought a very light-weight Benro Carbon Fiber tripod for a specific project which required a lot of backpacking.  I have a Gitzo that I use most of the time.  I give the Gitzo very high marks.  I had to cut down the Benro's center column and re-attach the head mount screw after it broke loose.  To be fair to the Benro, I was using it very close to its rated capacity, although I did not exceed it.  Based on my experience, I think they are probably fine for most uses.  But when you are carrying one into a wilderness area for several days as your only tripod, I would think twice.

Killer Angel

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2008, 04:54:38 am »

RoelandFort,seanw,and Colorado David,
What model of the Benro Carbon Fiber Tripod did you get?
Thanks.

Colorado David

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2008, 09:44:18 am »

Mine is the Benro C-027 model.  As I mentioned, it is a very light weight tripod that I bought specifically for backpacking work.  My Gitzo is rated for almost 40 pounds so I'm not comparing apples to apples.  However I didn't go over the rated capacity of the Benro and expected more of it.  After my repair it has been fine and I will continue to use it.

RoelandFort

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2008, 02:38:41 am »

C-227 n6

We started a journey of one year through Asia and I left home with my Gitzo 1228.
After 3 weeks the Gitzo gave up on me. In the first town in China I found this Benro tripod in stock and bought it, I had to!

But I am extremely happy with it (except the center column as mentioned above) The sealings in the twist locks really work! (maximum load was 400 mm 5.6 with 1.4 converter and 5D with booster)

Andy M

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2008, 02:58:16 am »

I have a Benro C-327 3-section carbon fibre tripod, mated to a Manfrotto Junior 410 Geared Head - the Benro is of as good quality as the head which itself is excellent

seanw

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2008, 08:43:23 am »

I have the C-257 n6. Although when bought direct from China over ebay I believe the number is C-227. It's the same model - I was told all models that come direct from China have a 2 instead of a 5 in the model number like the ones sold in the USA.
Pages: [1]   Go Up