Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: C1 3.7.7 And Leopard. Does Tethered DB shoot work?  (Read 4382 times)

JeffVo

C1 3.7.7 And Leopard. Does Tethered DB shoot work?
« on: January 24, 2008, 04:40:19 pm »

Anybody have real world experience with this? is the 3.7.8 Beta any Better?  I hear talk of corrupt files and such, and then I hear it works fine.  What to believe?

godtfred

• http://
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2008, 04:59:06 pm »

Anybody have real world experience with this? is the 3.7.8 Beta any Better?  I hear talk of corrupt files and such, and then I hear it works fine.  What to believe?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=169326\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I have used the 3.7.8 beta on my MBP 17 with leopard 10.5.1 for about three weeks. Had issues installing (had to install via another computer) but has run without a hiccup since then.

I shoot tethered with a P45+ and have done about 900 frames with the setup divided over four studio shoots. Other shoots have been to the Mac Pro with tiger, on the same 3.7.8 beta, wich works exactly equal to the MBP with leopard.

On another note, upgrading to Leopard has shown itself as a reap PITA, if I'm out and about, and need to install something to get something or other done, the drivers for stuff just is not there. I needed to quickly scan something offsite today, and they had a crappy HP scanjet that i could use in a pinch for a dummy. The damn driver would not install and this is the fourth such incident where leopard has fumbled me because of a lack of driver in the three weeks i have had it... Depends how much you run around i guess.
Axel Bauer
godtfred.com H2|M679CS|P45+

JeffVo

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2008, 05:40:17 pm »

Thanks so much for the info!  I just tried to install 3.7.8b and it keeps crashing.  Do you have to install like 3.7.7 (put the pieces in each folder) I take it? how did you do it from another machine?

I have used the 3.7.8 beta on my MBP 17 with leopard 10.5.1 for about three weeks. Had issues installing (had to install via another computer) but has run without a hiccup since then.

I shoot tethered with a P45+ and have done about 900 frames with the setup divided over four studio shoots. Other shoots have been to the Mac Pro with tiger, on the same 3.7.8 beta, wich works exactly equal to the MBP with leopard.

On another note, upgrading to Leopard has shown itself as a reap PITA, if I'm out and about, and need to install something to get something or other done, the drivers for stuff just is not there. I needed to quickly scan something offsite today, and they had a crappy HP scanjet that i could use in a pinch for a dummy. The damn driver would not install and this is the fourth such incident where leopard has fumbled me because of a lack of driver in the three weeks i have had it... Depends how much you run around i guess.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=169331\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

DavidP

• papas.com
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2008, 05:45:12 pm »

I think I read that the 3.7.8 beta has been around for a while and was for some other issues then Leopard compatibility.
I have been using 3.7.7 tethered with P45+ in Leopard successfully for a couple of big recent shoots. I have had it quit occasionally  but without loosing any files, only after shooting really a lot.
I would have waited though to upgrade to Leopard if I had known it would be so long for Phase One to release an upgraded version of Capture One.
There is supposed to be a big bug fix for Leopard from Apple very soon. I am just hoping that Phase one is waiting for that, to release the upgrade, maybe there are some fixes in the OS they are counting on.

godtfred

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2008, 09:56:54 am »

Thanks so much for the info!  I just tried to install 3.7.8b and it keeps crashing.  Do you have to install like 3.7.7 (put the pieces in each folder) I take it? how did you do it from another machine?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=169339\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Install on a Tiger system, then move the files to the appropriate locations on the Leopard machine...

-axel
Axel Bauer

samuel_js

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2008, 10:17:52 am »

Install on a Tiger system, then move the files to the appropriate locations on the Leopard machine...

-axel
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=169469\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

You don't need to install on a system med Tiger first. The files needed are already in the installation package. You just need to copy them.

Snook

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2008, 11:49:16 am »

You don't need to install on a system med Tiger first. The files needed are already in the installation package. You just need to copy them.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=169473\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Then you register like normal?
I have been hesitant to completely switch over...  
Snook

samuel_js

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2008, 12:10:05 pm »

Snook
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=169499\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Yes, you can register as normal then.

samuel_js

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2008, 12:19:52 pm »

Snook
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

See [a href=\"http://phaseone.com/HOME/Content/Support/Article.aspx?articleid=1382&LanguageID=1&layoutid=SupportSite%20-%20Main]this link.[/url]. PhaseOne's own instructions.

godtfred

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2008, 01:25:20 pm »

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=169473\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Yup, that worked on the 3.7.7, but not on my 3.7.8 beta CD, then it just gave an error... May be that my CD is faulty, but I had to go via Tiger, and could not follow the "show package content" route.
Axel Bauer

samuel_js

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2008, 02:10:49 pm »

Yup, that worked on the 3.7.7, but not on my 3.7.8 beta CD, then it just gave an error... May be that my CD is faulty, but I had to go via Tiger, and could not follow the "show package content" route.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=169539\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Make an image of the CD to your HD and grab the files from there.

godtfred

« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2008, 05:00:59 pm »

Make an image of the CD to your HD and grab the files from there.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=169550\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I did everything in this order  :

1. standard show package content.
2. make image of cd on HD
3. copy installer to HD
4. attatch Leopard machine to tiger machine with target disk mode, use show package content from tiger machine and pull files to leopard machine.

in the end, all that worked was to install on tiger, and pull the files from there. The 3.7.7 version showed no such troubles (I have both, incase the beta plays up...)

-axel
Axel Bauer

samuel_js

« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2008, 05:47:17 pm »

I did everything in this order  :

1. standard show package content.
2. make image of cd on HD
3. copy installer to HD
4. attatch Leopard machine to tiger machine with target disk mode, use show package content from tiger machine and pull files to leopard machine.

in the end, all that worked was to install on tiger, and pull the files from there. The 3.7.7 version showed no such troubles (I have both, incase the beta plays up...)

-axel
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hi again, I put a little movie here to see if I can help you out. Notice that I'm on tiger now, but the procedure is the same. The only thing you need is an image of the CD on your HD, or the image that can be downloaded from Phase's website.

Movie:

[a href=\"http://www.samuelaxelsson.com/images/LL/how_to_install_C1_on_leopard.mov]How_to_install_C1_on_leopard.mov[/url]

Hope it helps.

/Samuel

Snook

« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2008, 09:36:47 am »

Hi again, I put a little movie here to see if I can help you out. Notice that I'm on tiger now, but the procedure is the same. The only thing you need is an image of the CD on your HD, or the image that can be downloaded from Phase's website.

Movie:

How_to_install_C1_on_leopard.mov

Hope it helps.

/Samuel
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=169594\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Where the heck are you guys getting 3.7.8 Beta??
I have searched all over the Phase sites and found nothing?
Can some one send me a link for it somehow..
Thanks
Snook

godtfred

« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2008, 09:38:40 am »

Movie:

How_to_install_C1_on_leopard.mov

Hope it helps.

/Samuel
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=169594\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Yup, thats just about exactly what i did, and got the error message that the file would not be recognized by Leopard and it refuses to drag/drop and copy/paste it (just the app, not the other files.) So again, i think it's my CD:
Axel Bauer

samuel_js

« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2008, 11:51:53 am »

Yup, thats just about exactly what i did, and got the error message that the file would not be recognized by Leopard and it refuses to drag/drop and copy/paste it (just the app, not the other files.) So again, i think it's my CD:
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=169717\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Axel, try to download the 3.7.7 version from their website. That one work. I tried with my CD of 3.7.8 today and it didn't work either. Weird...  
I'll post a new screenmovie with the 3.7.7 version. Is the one working...
Pages: [1]   Go Up