Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bernard´s Way  (Read 9437 times)

cescx

• http://
Bernard´s Way
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2007, 02:59:03 pm »

Bernard....

I like much your review, is a "credo" of the field photographers, coverall in the referring to [span style=\'font-size:11pt;line-height:100%\']"you never walk alone",  literally[/span][/b].

You use some tool, like google earth, to select the landscapes previously, or study the form del land with a map of levels, thus to define your final route and to anticipate images that you are going to take and the best position del sun for them?

Or simply find the landscape at the moment in which you happen through there, and to hope that the conditions are the suitable ones for the shot?
« Last Edit: November 26, 2007, 04:38:08 pm by cescx »
Francesc Costa

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
Bernard´s Way
« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2007, 07:32:38 am »

Bernard....
 I like much your review, is a "credo" of the field photographers, coverall in the referring to [span style=\'font-size:11pt;line-height:100%\']"you never walk alone",  literally[/span][/b].
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=156165\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks for the kind words.

You use some tool, like google earth, to select the landscapes previously, or study the form del land with a map of levels, thus to define your final route and to anticipate images that you are going to take and the best position del sun for them?

I have considered it numerous times and tried a couple, but many of the remote area of Japan have pretty coarse coverage only, they provide little more information that hiking maps.

Maps can provide a lot of information, and a bit of imagination helps anticipating opportunities. It is a bit hard to figure out in advance the relative height of the sun vs the surrdounding peaks if any at sunrise/sunset, so that it is better to base a pick of camp location on actual experience.

Or simply find the landscape at the moment in which you happen through there, and to hope that the conditions are the suitable ones for the shot?

The above can be useful for grand landscape images, but I also like to focus on more intimate scenes that are difficult to anticipate by looking at maps.

Those are basically improvised in the field.

Cheers,
Bernard
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up