Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Collection order not maintained on export  (Read 2092 times)

rb_stern

Collection order not maintained on export
« on: October 19, 2007, 07:49:23 pm »

I have sorted 242 images and re-ordered them into the correct User Order as a collection, in LR 1.2. When I export them to a folder, the order isn't maintained, and they revert to Name order. How can I prevent that? (Intel Mac OS X)

JayS

« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2007, 09:33:41 pm »

I have sorted 242 images and re-ordered them into the correct User Order as a collection, in LR 1.2. When I export them to a folder, the order isn't maintained, and they revert to Name order. How can I prevent that? (Intel Mac OS X)
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=147297\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I believe the Mac OS Folder preference takes over at that point.

Jay S.

Roy

• http://
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2007, 09:57:42 pm »

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=147297\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Not trying to be rude, but how did you expect the order to maintained? Finder sorts by name, or date, or file type, etc. How is it supposed to know the order you sorted images in Lightroom?

You need to rename the files as part of the export. Lightroom can add a sequence number.
Roy

augg

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2007, 07:21:18 am »

"Lightroom can add a sequence number."

Here is a twist. I export files with new Lightroom sequence numbers and everything is fine but when I build contact sheets in CS2 the sequence is lost in about 10% of the files. What's up with that?

dan
Pages: [1]   Go Up