Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Corrupt Text in LightRoom  (Read 3014 times)

JayS

Corrupt Text in LightRoom
« on: October 14, 2007, 11:31:11 am »

Someone else said that they had seen this as well, but since I now have had it happen in both a Windows XP and Mac OS X (Mac Book Pro) environment, I thought I'd post an image.  There doesn't appear to be a rhyme or reason to this happening, e.g. only after power save screen shutdown, etc.  It just happens...  I simply have to shut down LR and restart to get it back, but a real strange event.
Thoughts from anyone are appreciated...

Jay S.

John Hollenberg

« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2007, 12:51:34 pm »

Have never seen anything like this, and I have done a lot of LR testing.  Any info  about what you were doing before this happens?

--John

JayS

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2007, 01:52:17 pm »

Have never seen anything like this, and I have done a lot of LR testing.  Any info  about what you were doing before this happens?

--John
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=145898\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

John,
  There is nothing I can point to truly.  This has been there for me since the
1.0 timeframe.  There was another post I made (may have been here) where someone
else said that they saw this as well.  It is happening on both Windows XP SP2, and now on
a Mac Book Pro with 10.4 OS X, so I don't think it is related to the video card.  I'd like to
be able to say I think it is only happening when LR was idle or minimized, but can't say that
with 100% certainty.  Nothing is lost.. just have to stop LR and restart it.  Very strange.

Jay S.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2007, 01:52:53 pm by JayS »

John Hollenberg

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2007, 03:24:39 pm »

What is your screen resolution on each of the systems?  Any change of font size in Windows?  Do you have the Left panel enlarged from the default size?  Just thinking out loud here.  No clue about what might be the problem.

--John

JayS

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2007, 03:43:52 pm »

What is your screen resolution on each of the systems?  Any change of font size in Windows?  Do you have the Left panel enlarged from the default size?  Just thinking out loud here.  No clue about what might be the problem.

--John
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=145943\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

John,
    On the Mac Book Pro, running LR at 1900x1200 on 24 inch external Dell, on PC, 1600x1200 on IBM monitor.  Haven't messed with any sizes that I'm aware of, but how would I restore to original size if I did?  Two totally different systems, different OSs, one video card older, one video card new...  All would seem to point to something in LR..

Jay S.

tomrock

• http://tomrockwell.com
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2007, 03:54:36 pm »

I've had it happen one time on my Mac Pro with 10.4.10. I don't remember what I was doing, either. I restarted LR and never saw it again. so far.

JayS

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2007, 07:17:03 pm »

I've had it happen one time on my Mac Pro with 10.4.10. I don't remember what I was doing, either. I restarted LR and never saw it again. so far.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=145954\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Tom,
   Thanks.. I didn't want the world to think I was too crazy..   I really don't know why it happens either...  Very strange, I think I've had one occurrence where I saw it happen going from one module to another.

Jay S.

ajtaylor

• http://
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2007, 03:18:45 pm »

Tom,
   Thanks.. I didn't want the world to think I was too crazy..   I really don't know why it happens either...  Very strange, I think I've had one occurrence where I saw it happen going from one module to another.

Jay S.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=146009\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I see this on a very regular basis - had to restart LR 3 times in the last 10 minutes for it. It has basically rendered LR unusable.

MacOS 10.4.10, MBP 15", internal display, all LR (1.2) interface settings on defaults.
Pages: [1]   Go Up