The coloruniformaty is rather normal indeed, when you measure a tv set you will see the same, and that is not the problem, I have included the file I have send to Mamiya here.
Attachment didn't work
http://www.doorhof.nl/vb/purple.zip don't mind the picture it's not a good one but on this one it was most easily seen.
Frank and others:
I just purchased by ZD back from K&M Camera in NYC. Good guys there.
In the retail box, I found a "Read Me First" card. It states, "The first time you use your Mamiya ZD Digital Back, first put the ZD Back on the camera, hen place the battery into the battery compartment of the ZD Back. If not done in this order, you may have the following experience:
In some cases, the first few images may have a green cast visible on the screen. If so, simply do this:
1. Turn off the camera
2. Open and close the battery cover, but do not remove the battery
3. Turn on the camera
4. Begin your picture taking
You should see images with the proper colors."
When I took my first test shots on the back, I noticed a green/purple cast on the right side of the shots. But, after taking the back off, taking the battery out and then putting it back in, I don't see this particular cast.
This begs a few questions:
1) Are these "Read Me First" cards new or have they always been included in the retail packaging?
2) Does this "trick" remove the color cast issues that some of us are seeing or is this a different issue?
3) If there are color issues (casts, blobs, etc), is Mamiya working on a solution or not?
I can't imagine that they'll leave us in the dark forever. I just made sure to submit my warranty card and if there are issues, I trust they'll take care of them.
Here's hoping. I still love the back, however.