Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Scanning and then Printing  (Read 1606 times)

dvedve

Scanning and then Printing
« on: August 11, 2007, 11:54:13 am »

Hi Everyone,

I want to scan and then print an image at a larger size on a Z3100.  The image is about 7-by-9, and I want to print it at approximately 21-by-27.  

I assume I should scan the image at the highest resolution that my scanner supports and then resize the image to the required size using software designed to do this.  As for the software to use, I was thinking about buying Qimage given it seems very capable in a many areas and is reasonable priced.  

Any thoughts on what software to use and how to proceed would be appreciated.

Thanks,

David

dkeyes

• http://
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2007, 01:50:45 pm »

You will need a 146mg rgb file at 8bits (300ppi) for your 21x27 image, that is the same as a 900ppi file at 7x9. If your scanner doesn't go that high you will need to uprez the file. Photoshop is good for 200% using bicubic smoother option, otherwise you might want a better program for that. qimage supposedly does a good job uprezzing but don't know how much you can do before it degrades the image.

dvedve

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2007, 02:03:51 pm »

You will need a 146mg rgb file at 8bits (300ppi) for your 21x27 image, that is the same as a 900ppi file at 7x9. If your scanner doesn't go that high you will need to uprez the file. Photoshop is good for 200% using bicubic smoother option, otherwise you might want a better program for that. qimage supposedly does a good job uprezzing but don't know how much you can do before it degrades the image.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=132826\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks for your help.

The highest bit level my scanner supports is 24 bit color, and the highest dpi is 12,800.  It does have an 800 dpi setting.  I assume ppi is the same thing as dpi.  I will experiment with various resolutions.
Pages: [1]   Go Up