Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Leaf 10.1 Beta Feedback  (Read 4542 times)

Eric Zepeda

• http://www.ericzepeda.com
Leaf 10.1 Beta Feedback
« on: May 24, 2007, 12:01:58 pm »

Anyone using LC 10.1 beta? I've been using it for the last month or so and find it relatively stable and the best build yet of LC. I also hear LC11 is floating around, but have not had any direct experience with it.

BTW, Aptus 75 here...

Best,

Eric Zepeda
Eric Zepeda
 www.ericzepeda.com

MichaelEzra

• https://www.michaelezra.com
Leaf 10.1 Beta Feedback
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2007, 12:10:05 pm »

FYI, SilkyPix added support for Aptus 75 today. I wish they also supported A22

pixjohn

Leaf 10.1 Beta Feedback
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2007, 01:18:02 pm »

I tried the beta on my macbook pro, and developed more problems then ever before. (Link to Thread) I am not sure if it was the beta or something else, but I definitely have a sour taste for Leaf software. The issues have  not been resolved at this time, and I have had no real answers. I am also not the only person with the issue according to Leaf.

Anyone using LC 10.1 beta? I've been using it for the last month or so and find it relatively stable and the best build yet of LC. I also hear LC11 is floating around, but have not had any direct experience with it.

BTW, Aptus 75 here...

Best,

Eric Zepeda
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=119397\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
« Last Edit: May 24, 2007, 01:18:58 pm by pixjohn »

Dustbak

• Pepperanddust
Leaf 10.1 Beta Feedback
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2007, 01:45:50 pm »

The update 3 is the most stable on my machines. It is still very very slow unfortunately.

LC 10.1 beta appears to be a bit quicker but still extremely slow. The beta is also not that stable which is probably why it is still a beta.

The only thing of importance that has been added is the color temp slider. Now if I just knew what would be neutral with the tint (green/magenta) slider it would be really useful.

To be frank for such a long development time so little extra features and so litle implemented of the stuff that was on everybodies wishlist is disappointing.

I now use RD for basically all my RAW processing with Leaf files. Truly fantastic. I use LC10beta or Update3 for tethered shooting. No more LC8.

I have kept the firmware of the the beta version in my back. I do like the bluetooth on (even if I cannot use it yet ). I don't want to have the software update my firmware back and forth every time I switch between 10upd3 or 10.1 beta.

I would not be suprised if 10.1 will be skipped and Leaf will come with LC11 instead. There is way too much negative connotation with LC10. No software, how good it will ever be will flush out the bad taste LC10 has left with many.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2007, 03:54:15 pm by Dustbak »

pixjohn

Leaf 10.1 Beta Feedback
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2007, 02:49:47 pm »

The word is, they are skipping 10.1 and going with a new version of 11.

snickgrr

• http://
Leaf 10.1 Beta Feedback
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2007, 11:05:58 am »

Hello All,
First post.  10.1 for me has been stable and no issues so far.  I have come from using V8 for years so I have only that to compare to as far as speed goes but I used V8 when I still had the smaller CMost back. So the comparison between judging speeds with the CMost and the Aptus 75 is not applicable here.  I like V10, it felt very comfortable to me after only a short time.

My salesman who also sells for other digital back manufacters gave me a good tip about performance and stablitiy.  On the Mac at least, if you open up the activity monitor in  utiliites and then open the System Memory window you can see how much RAM is free.  Just quitting an application doesn't always make that memory available, some applications want to hold onto the memory and won't let it go and it becomes Inactive.  You have to restart to free up that memory.  Because large digital backs are such memory hogs when shooting quickly or for processing it's not always how much memory you have, but how much is available.  I'm probably speaking to a way more knowledgable and computer literate crowd than I about this.

Eric Zepeda

• http://www.ericzepeda.com
Leaf 10.1 Beta Feedback
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2007, 12:26:51 pm »

I have kept the firmware of the the beta version in my back. I do like the bluetooth on (even if I cannot use it yet ). I don't want to have the software update my firmware back and forth every time I switch between 10upd3 or 10.1 beta.

I would not be suprised if 10.1 will be skipped and Leaf will come with LC11 instead. There is way too much negative connotation with LC10. No software, how good it will ever be will flush out the bad taste LC10 has left with many.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=119415\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

The firmware update time between v3 and LC11 is around ten minutes, which is way too long to mess with while on set. I just finished a three day shoot with LC10.1, and aside from a random green preview coming in, it behaved quite well. I did reset prefs now and again if things seemed to slow down, but overall it behaved quite nicely. I think I might finally have to put LC8 to rest if v10.1 keeps behaving.
Eric Zepeda
 www.ericzepeda.com

Dustbak

• Pepperanddust
Leaf 10.1 Beta Feedback
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2007, 01:36:34 pm »

The firmware update time between v3 and LC11 is around ten minutes, which is way too long to mess with while on set. I just finished a three day shoot with LC10.1, and aside from a random green preview coming in, it behaved quite well. I did reset prefs now and again if things seemed to slow down, but overall it behaved quite nicely. I think I might finally have to put LC8 to rest if v10.1 keeps behaving.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=119567\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I did fall in the update trap as well  I had been using the beta for the weekend. On monday I came on location and decided to do the safe thing and use LC10upd3 to capture. After about 10 minutes I could start, that was annoying.

After that, I updated firmware to 10.1beta and deleted the UPD files from LC10upd3 so I keep the 10.1beta firmware in my back.

BJNY

Leaf 10.1 Beta Feedback
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2007, 06:41:13 pm »

I will be using an Aptus75s on a Hasselblad H1 + LC11 this Sunday the 27th.
Guillermo

pixjohn

Leaf 10.1 Beta Feedback
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2007, 08:05:15 pm »

Good Luck, I hope everything works out. Talking with Leaf it sounds like 11 is going to be the new beta for awhile. I think I will skip any future beta's and wait for  a release.

Magenta Link

I still think the 10.1 beta created a big headache for me.  Leaf is telling me my problems always existed, but I never saw any problems with magenta until I tried the beta.

mcfoto

• http://montalbetticampbell.com
Leaf 10.1 Beta Feedback
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2007, 11:48:49 pm »

Hi
For those that use RD, I know that there are developing a tethered program that will support LEAF files. Canon and others could follow if he gets the meta data.
DenisMy Webpage
Denis Montalbetti
Montalbetti+Campbell [

BJNY

Leaf 10.1 Beta Feedback
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2007, 03:11:57 pm »

LC11 officially available for download at www.leaf-photography.com
Guillermo

pixjohn

Leaf 10.1 Beta Feedback
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2007, 04:12:30 pm »

It might be available, but its still a beta.

LC11 officially available for download at www.leaf-photography.com
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=120010\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Pages: [1]   Go Up