Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: help - Z3100 issue with roll paper  (Read 2591 times)

hilljf

• http://photos.johnfhill.com
help - Z3100 issue with roll paper
« on: May 22, 2007, 06:51:03 pm »

This behavior of the z3100 has come to annoy me.

Every time I load a role it cuts off the leading 3 inches even if the paper is aligned.  this becomes a lot of paper over time.   Am I missing a configuration setting somewhere to make it not do this?

thanks, John

Jim Cole

• Jim Cole Photography
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2007, 08:01:48 pm »

Nope, it just does this. There is not a configuration setting that will eliminate it. It's annoying and HP is aware of it. Whether they decide to fix it or not is a different story.

Jim

Every time I load a role it cuts off the leading 3 inches even if the paper is aligned.  this becomes a lot of paper over time.   Am I missing a configuration setting somewhere to make it not do this?

thanks, John
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=119071\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
[/color]
Jim Cole
Flagstaff, AZ www.jimcolephoto.

dkeyes

• http://
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2007, 12:31:14 am »

I'm wasting a sq. ft. of paper on a 44" roll everytime I load it. I figure it costs me a $1 a sq ft for my paper (or more). If I load the thing at least 6 times per roll I'm wasting 6 sq ft and $6 per roll. That's a lot of wasted paper. I hope HP is reading this and all the other posts that complain about this. There really is no need for this. If you think the paper edge is damaged, there should be a manual way to do this, not automatic.

Shutterbug2006

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2007, 02:09:40 am »

I'm wasting a sq. ft. of paper on a 44" roll everytime I load it. I figure it costs me a $1 a sq ft for my paper (or more). If I load the thing at least 6 times per roll I'm wasting 6 sq ft and $6 per roll. That's a lot of wasted paper. I hope HP is reading this and all the other posts that complain about this. There really is no need for this. If you think the paper edge is damaged, there should be a manual way to do this, not automatic.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=119108\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I'd just figure the loss as part of the cost of production, and pass it on to the consumer, but that's just me, and presuming you are using the printer to earn money. I haven't bought one just yet (but itching to get one) and if I'm going to shell out the kind of money these printers command, the loss of 3 inches per roll mount wouldn't faze me much.

I'd be surprised though if HP is unable to make a modification to 'fix' the problem. They are probably overwhelmed with other issues on this printer series. If everyone who owns one of these printers send their comments to HP - they will eventually look to patch their firmware and make everyone happy.

Rob Reiter

• The LightRoom
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2007, 08:17:28 pm »

Every time I load a role it cuts off the leading 3 inches even if the paper is aligned.  this becomes a lot of paper over time.   Am I missing a configuration setting somewhere to make it not do this?

thanks, John
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=119071\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

It's not much consolation, but Epson 9800 printers do the same. The 9600 wasted about 3/4".
http://www.lightroom.com Fine art printi

hilljf

• http://photos.johnfhill.com
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2007, 08:45:45 pm »

It's not much consolation, but Epson 9800 printers do the same. The 9600 wasted about 3/4".
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=120325\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I also use the Epson 9800 and it does not do this.  

I wish HP would fix the issue.   John
Pages: [1]   Go Up