Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: H2D Battery Life - Tethered to what?  (Read 2295 times)

franloutwo

H2D Battery Life - Tethered to what?
« on: May 13, 2007, 10:38:40 pm »

I own a H2D. The battery driving the digital back and camera has a limited life (3-5 hours). I do my work outdoors so need a battery life up that will allow me to stay
outdoors for longer periods of time then the battery grip of the H2D will allow. Can anyone suggest what I can be tethered to outdoors to allow the kind of work that I do. For example; is there a battery pack that I can tether the H2D to. I assume I can use a laptop. Please suggestions, thanks in advance.

Nick_T

« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2007, 11:52:38 pm »

I own a H2D. The battery driving the digital back and camera has a limited life (3-5 hours). I do my work outdoors so need a battery life up that will allow me to stay
outdoors for longer periods of time then the battery grip of the H2D will allow. Can anyone suggest what I can be tethered to outdoors to allow the kind of work that I do. For example; is there a battery pack that I can tether the H2D to. I assume I can use a laptop. Please suggestions, thanks in advance.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=117383\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Are you using the older 9.6V or the newer (and much more powerful) 7.2V?
Certainly when tethered to a laptop, the laptop will power the back leaving the grip battery to only power the body. (Caveat some PC laptops do not provide power on the firewire bus). Also the new image bank will also power the back reducing load in the handgrip.
Finally (and forgive me for being obtuse) have you considered a second battery?

Nick-T
[url=http://www.hasselbladdigitalforum.c

godtfred

• http://
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2007, 05:23:46 am »

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=117383\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I use the Imagebank II, it provides a lot of juice for the back as long as you go for the biggest Sony batteries.

The new 7.2 volt batteries are also great in comparisom to the old.
Axel Bauer
godtfred.com H2|M679CS|P45+

josayeruk

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2007, 02:33:01 pm »

Finally (and forgive me for being obtuse) have you considered a second battery?

Nick-T
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=117392\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

One would have thought that be the obvious solution!  
Pages: [1]   Go Up