Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: CS3 Release-Installation Nightmare!  (Read 58552 times)

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
    • http://www.markdsegal.com
CS3 Release-Installation Nightmare!
« Reply #80 on: May 07, 2007, 01:41:18 pm »

Hi Jeff,

I see from the time of morning you posted these results you went at it with great gusto and determination, and may have resolved it. Half-past midnight I decided to let it all hang-over till this morning and have another go at it today. In principle I should be able to replicate your results, so I shall follow your recipe and see what happens. I'll let you know. Meanwhile a great many thanks for taking the time and trouble to research it into the wee hours of the morning.

Cheers,

Mark
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=116116\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hi Jeff,

OK, better later than never. I have now finished testing all this as completely as I can. In setting up a logical experimentation matrix, one tables the possible combinations of events that will trigger a result, try each one of them, and measure the result. That is what I have done. I hasten to add one could argue this is something Adobe should done also and advised their customers accordingly, but let us set the corporate performance issue on the shelf and stay focused on outcomes.

Now, given the variables at play in the exercise, you can have Centering ("C" hereafter) On or Off in Photoshop (PS hereafter), On or Off in the Epson Driver (Epson hereafter) and for either of those in Epson you can select Standard or Maximum coverage. That gives you 2x2x2 = 8 possible combinations. To insure no scew-ups in test implementation I laid them all out in an Excel Spreadsheet, where each combination is separately identified in a matrix and the associated outcome described. I shall try attaching the matrix using this Board's attachment function. I have never done this before, so I don't know whether it will convey. So for insurance and clarity here are the options and results for each option:

(1) PS C on; Epson C on; standard; WAY OFF both dimensions
(2) PS C on; Epson C on; maximum; 1 mm OFF one dimension
(3) PS C on; Epson C off; standard; 10 mm OFF one dimension
(4) PS C on; Epson C off; maximum; 1 mm OFF one dimension
(5) PS C off; Epson C on; standard; WAY OFF both dimensions
(6) PS C off; Epson C on; maximum; 1 mm OFF one dimension
(7) PS C off; Epson C off; standard; 10 mm OFF one dimension
(8) PS C off; Epson C off; Maximum; 1 mm OFF one dimension

These results indicate two useful findings:

[a] results 1, 3, 5 and 7 are not useable.
all results with "maximum" selected are useable.

The one suspicious outcome in this list is (8), where you can have C off in both places and still get a centered result as long as Epson has maximum selected. One wonders whether this happens due to the order in which the test is implemented and what sticks from one test to the next. So I sent the file away, brought it back and immediately implemented Option (8) - same outcome. To triple check this, I called-up a completely fresh, untouched raw image, processed it as I normally would and sent it to print selecting the Option (8) settings. The print still came out with the same good result. So the bottom lines seem to be as suggested in [a] and above. If with further work I see reason to amend these conclusions I shall inform the community accordingly.

I should mention as well that the default printer annoyance remains. One can trade this annoyance for the annoyance of changing the default printer back and forth, but I maintain Adobe should fix this so that the Epson printer remains on tap in Photoshop until Photoshop is closed, like it does with CS2. In CS2, the printer selection sticks for Photoshop, but if I open any other application for which the default printer is the HP, of course the HP comes-up. That is how all this should behave.

I also believe that it behoves Adobe to issue a technical note to their Windows/Epson equipped customers notifying them that are workable and non workable combinations of options between CS3 and the Epson driver. In fact, they should do or commission to be done what I have done with a range of printer drivers and tell people what works with which driver. If this is only a Windows issue they need only do it for Windows, but if Macs are also affected, they should do both. Or, at the very least they should tell their customers of the need for the kind of systematic testing such as I have done in order to succeed with print centering. As of now, none of this is in any of their documentation that I have seen, and I have the fat white program manual. The only material remotely relevant on printing is between pages 532 and 535 where none of this is discussed. By the way, this is the best program manual they have ever produced for Photoshop. Recommended.
Mark D Segal (formerly MarkDS)
Author: "Scanning Workflows with SilverFast 8....."

bjanes

« Reply #81 on: May 07, 2007, 01:53:42 pm »

I also believe that it behoves Adobe to issue a technical note to their Windows/Epson equipped customers notifying them that are workable and non workable combinations of options between CS3 and the Epson driver. In fact, they should do or commission to be done what I have done with a range of printer drivers and tell people what works with which driver. If this is only a Windows issue they need only do it for Windows, but if Macs are also affected, they should do both. Or, at the very least they should tell their customers of the need for the kind of systematic testing such as I have done in order to succeed with print centering. As of now, none of this is in any of their documentation that I have seen, and I have the fat white program manual. The only material remotely relevant on printing is between pages 532 and 535 where none of this is discussed. By the way, this is the best program manual they have ever produced for Photoshop. Recommended.
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

With the release such a massive update as  CS3, I suspect that the folks at Adobe will have the hands full for a while, but fortunately forum members both here and in the Adobe forums can also help out.

Another problem with CS3 is with Acrobat 8. When printing to a Postscript driver it prints red background. This has been known to Adobe since 2/14/2007 and there are a couple of workarounds suggested ([a href=\"http://www.adobe.com/go/kb400692]knowledge base[/url]). I tried one workaround (using the PCL driver), only to have nonsense characters appear in the output. Back to reader 7.0 for me.

BTW, did a manual come with your copy of CS3?. I have only PDF docs and online help.

Bill
« Last Edit: May 07, 2007, 01:55:22 pm by bjanes »

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
« Reply #82 on: May 07, 2007, 01:58:24 pm »

Boy, you guys sure have short memories...

When Photoshop CS2 shipped with Bridge 1.0.0 it was unusable, routinely crashed, lack stated functionality and basically sucked. It wasn't until Bridge 1.01 update was released (within the same quarter that CS2 shipped) that Bridge became usable and it wasn't until Bridge 1.0.4 until it was really stable.

I suspect that there will be an update for Bridge CS3 fairly soon...
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=116174\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

No, my memory isn't short -  I know there were all kinds of complaints about Bridge, but I installed it with CS2 as soon as they shipped and the only issue I ever had with it was slow speed; I attributed that to a combination of the application and my previous computer (Dell 8200), which had RDRAM and a narrow pipeline - but it did not freeze or crash either itself or the O/S.

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
« Reply #83 on: May 07, 2007, 02:02:25 pm »

With the release such a massive update as  CS3, I suspect that the folks at Adobe will have the hands full for a while, but fortunately forum members both here and in the Adobe forums can also help out.

Another problem with CS3 is with Acrobat 8. When printing to a Postscript driver it prints red background. This has been known to Adobe since 2/14/2007 and there are a couple of workarounds suggested (knowledge base). I tried one workaround (using the PCL driver), only to have nonsense characters appear in the output. Back to reader 7.0 for me.

BTW, did a manual come with your copy of CS3?. I have only PDF docs and online help.

Bill
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=116184\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hi Bill,

Can't help on the Acrobat stuff - I have zero experience combining the two applications. As for the manual yes - the best one Adobe ever produced for Photoshop. An 823 page white brick. It ships separately from the application. When ordering my up-grade if I remember correctly it was an option that one pays extra for - but I'm not certain. Best is to check the Adobe website. Anyhow, it's really a worthwhile manual to have - very results oriented - you want this, do that. Good style.

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
« Reply #84 on: May 07, 2007, 02:49:21 pm »

I have now finished testing all this as completely as I can.[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=116182\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Uh huh. . .what is your driver version? How is your printer connected? What is the printer firmware #?

Ya see, you STILL have more work to do...

:~)

As I noted in my report, at least via the Ethernet driver I can't alter or change the Standard or Maximum settings in the paper tab. I'm only able to change the Centered check box. The others are greyed out.

As far as your Maximum finding, yes, this is as expected since I told you that by default the 4800 (and 7/9800) drivers have unequal margins. Top, left & right of .13" and the bottom of .56". So, at "Standard" you have the situation where the bottom margin DOES produce an offset. In the past (and on my config) selecting Centered in the driver SHOULD produce a centered image on the paper. On the Mac, we never had a "Centered" option in the driver, hense the requirement for creating custom margins in Page Setup.

BTW, did you measure your overall paper length? Is it undercut? I often find EPson papers to be just a tiny bit short (particularly watercolor papers). 3RD party papers seem to be all over the map.

I should mention as well that the default printer annoyance remains. One can trade this annoyance for the annoyance of changing the default printer back and forth, but I maintain Adobe should fix this so that the Epson printer remains on tap in Photoshop until Photoshop is closed, like it does with CS2.

This is what Dave said...

"On Win CS2, PS saved the current printer "application wide". On Mac, it depended on what your setting was for "Selected Printer in Print Dialog" in the Print & Fax System Preference. If you had a printer selected in there, your "last used" printer in PS would be different from the one you'd end up printing to (or you'd have to change it in the OS print dialog) and things could go wrong.

In CS3, we're transitioning to a "per-document settings" model, rather than "application wide", so on Windows, it picks up the printer from the system default. On Mac, it still picks up the printer from the OS preference.
"

With regards to printer margins, he said:

"There is a change from CS2 in how the margins were handled. In CS2 we automatically "minimized" the margins (we would basically try and slam the margins to 0). On printers like the Epson 2200, this meant we would get symmetric borders. In CS3 we do not do this margin minimization, but rather use the printer's default margins. In the 2200 this means that the user needs to click the "Centered" and/or "Minimize Margins" check boxes in the printer's "Page Layout" properties panel to get truly centered prints.

(The reason for this is that on Vista, the margins are, from an application's point of view, a read-only field, and simply slamming them to 0 as we did in CS2 causes problems.)
"

So, the changes required for Photoshop CS3 were not just designed to piss people off...things change often because the HAVE to.

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
« Reply #85 on: May 07, 2007, 03:34:24 pm »

Uh huh. . .what is your driver version? How is your printer connected? What is the printer firmware #?

Ya see, you STILL have more work to do...

As I noted in my report, at least via the Ethernet driver I can't alter or change the Standard or Maximum settings in the paper tab. I'm only able to change the Centered check box. The others are greyed out.

As far as your Maximum finding, yes, this is as expected since I told you that by default the 4800 (and 7/9800) drivers have unequal margins. Top, left & right of .13" and the bottom of .56". So, at "Standard" you have the situation where the bottom margin DOES produce an offset. In the past (and on my config) selecting Centered in the driver SHOULD produce a centered image on the paper. On the Mac, we never had a "Centered" option in the driver, hense the requirement for creating custom margins in Page Setup.

BTW, did you measure your overall paper length? Is it undercut? I often find EPson papers to be just a tiny bit short (particularly watercolor papers). 3RD party papers seem to be all over the map.
This is what Dave said...

"On Win CS2, PS saved the current printer "application wide". On Mac, it depended on what your setting was for "Selected Printer in Print Dialog" in the Print & Fax System Preference. If you had a printer selected in there, your "last used" printer in PS would be different from the one you'd end up printing to (or you'd have to change it in the OS print dialog) and things could go wrong.

In CS3, we're transitioning to a "per-document settings" model, rather than "application wide", so on Windows, it picks up the printer from the system default. On Mac, it still picks up the printer from the OS preference.
"

With regards to printer margins, he said:

"There is a change from CS2 in how the margins were handled. In CS2 we automatically "minimized" the margins (we would basically try and slam the margins to 0). On printers like the Epson 2200, this meant we would get symmetric borders. In CS3 we do not do this margin minimization, but rather use the printer's default margins. In the 2200 this means that the user needs to click the "Centered" and/or "Minimize Margins" check boxes in the printer's "Page Layout" properties panel to get truly centered prints.

(The reason for this is that on Vista, the margins are, from an application's point of view, a read-only field, and simply slamming them to 0 as we did in CS2 causes problems.)
"

So, the changes required for Photoshop CS3 were not just designed to piss people off...things change often because the HAVE to.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=116197\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Jeff,

As far as the tests go, not sure what work I have still to do apart from seeing whether further experience confirms my results and to answer your questions. My driver version is 5.51. My firmware version is the one before last. Epson Pro-Graphics confirmed to me that given my set-up no functionality changes, so it is completely neutral whether I up-grade them or not. My philosophy about up-grading as you may expect from me - is quite simply not to bother unless it is to fix something important or to provide significant additional functionality.

My printer is connected with a USB cable to a USB2 port in the computer. Nothing fancy.

I would like to think that smart software and firmware should know about the unequal printable page dimensions and build-in the compensation accordingly. These dimensions have been standard Epson fare for as long back as I can remember and have almost never caused a problem in the past - at least on the succession of Windows O/S's I've been using. There was one episode when Epson issued a faulty up-grade of a 4000 driver which failed to center with matte paper - strange bug, which they fixed.

I usually print with Epson Enhanced Matte. The latest sheet I used this morning making these tests measures bang-on 8.5 * 11 inches, using a stainless steel ruler called "Bates National Rule" made by the Bates Mfg. Co, in Hackettstown N.J. 07840 U.S.A. Now does it get better than that? (OK, this ruler isn't certified by the Nuclear Regulatory Commission, but for my purposes..............)

Thanks for getting the feedback from Dave.

As for their transitioning to "per document settings" from "application wide settings" - this makes it clear that it wasn't an accident, it was by design. I wish it were an accident, because then they would fix it. I retain my opinion that this is regression, but that's just me and who am I.

On the issue of the printer margins, he doesn't mention the X800 series or the O/S's concerned, so I'm not sure how to interpret that material. Anyhow, this may be becoming a moot point insofar as your work and mine have both indicated that there are functionally effective workarounds. Still, I think Adobe should issue a Tech Note as I suggested previously. Their documentation is poor on this, to put it mildly.

As for changing things to piss people off, of course this is a strawman - no-one in their right mind would expect them to want to do that. And of course, one needs to respect the fact they are frying more than one fish at a time when they're designing software hence it must get more complicated as options multiply. But I am confident they have the technical smarts to cater for these things and still preserve the outcome functionality that was good in the immediate previous version, perhaps in a different way, but good functionality nonetheless. I look forward to a a program up-date and material from Adobe that I hope would address some of this stuff. Meanwhile, I'll use CS2 for printing and Lightroom/CS3 for everything else. Keeps life easy.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2007, 09:15:35 pm by MarkDS »

Schewe

« Reply #86 on: May 07, 2007, 03:56:25 pm »

I would like to think that smart software and firmware should know about the unequal printable page dimensions and build-in the compensation accordingly.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=116209\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Well, Dave indicated that they used to "try" slam the printable margins to 0 but that's a complication that an app might not really want to do since an app must be essentially, printer and OS agnoistic.

OS's are constantly evolving as are drinter drivers-hense the 3800 is different than the 4800 regarding Standard and Maximum. Adobe has no direct control over printer manufacturers nor OS developers-they only have influence.

There are 3 main printer players and 2 main OS's. If you look at Mac & Win print driver API's and guidlines, you'll see what is required for one may actually be forbidden by the other (drop down menus required by Mac, tabs required by Win). As an OS transitions-and Vista is a big transition in many respects over XP (in so far are the print pipeline) the print drivers are constantly in a state of flux. So, an application that must remain agnostic really can't get into the trenches and start mucking about. Ya know?

Meanwhile, I'll use CS2 for printing and Lightroom/CS3 for everything else. Keeps life easy.

Hey, whatever works, ya know?

But there ARE aspects of printing from CS3 that ARE better than CS2-even if YOU don't like them. I tend to be more willing (and used to) adapting and adopting than trying to fight upstream. I guess I wouldn't make it as a salmon...(I'm more of a big tuna).

Schewe

« Reply #87 on: May 07, 2007, 04:09:30 pm »

As for changing things to piss people off, of course this is a strawman - no-one in their right mind would expect them to want to do that.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=116209\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Yeah, well you say that, but you don't know these guys. I would _NOT_ put it past somebody like Mark Hamburg or Chris Cox (less so Thomas) to slip something in knowing full well it would piss of a subset of users and then take a certain perverse pleasure in that knowledge. I have however heard even Thomas giggle about things...

I would say that everything the Photoshop and Lightroom engineers do, they honestly think is for the betterment of the application. They are dedicated that way. But they aren't above changing something "gleefully"...

« Last Edit: May 07, 2007, 04:10:23 pm by Schewe »

Kirk Gittings

• http://www.KirkGittings.com
« Reply #88 on: May 07, 2007, 04:29:47 pm »

Boy, you guys sure have short memories...

When Photoshop CS2 shipped with Bridge 1.0.0 it was unusable, routinely crashed, lack stated functionality and basically sucked. It wasn't until Bridge 1.01 update was released (within the same quarter that CS2 shipped) that Bridge became usable and it wasn't until Bridge 1.0.4 until it was really stable.

I suspect that there will be an update for Bridge CS3 fairly soon...
The Jeff.

No, actually I usually wait to upgrade until the bugs are fixed. This time though, Beta CS3 already had its hooks in me and I jumped the gun. D___, what's that about learning your lessons?
Thanks,
Kirk Gittings

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
« Reply #89 on: May 07, 2007, 05:21:14 pm »

But there ARE aspects of printing from CS3 that ARE better than CS2-even if YOU don't like them. I tend to be more willing (and used to) adapting and adopting than trying to fight upstream. I guess I wouldn't make it as a salmon...(I'm more of a big tuna).

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=116218\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Jeff, I like to pride myself on being an earlier adapter of all kinds of stuff. I'm not afraid of that - I believe in progress and I don't fight up-stream unless I sense something better got extinguished. What I'm also sensing these days is that hardware and software is being pushed to market perhaps a bit prematurely, and with a slightly gentler pace some of the issues that could have been anticipated would have been anticipated. But that's an opinion. And I wouldn't for a moment vote to roll the clock back. We're on a roll in a great imaging revolution thanks to all the people we know about and others we don't.

Now, you say there are aspects of printing from CS3 that are better than CS2. Are you talking about things that make the technical quality of the print better, or the features of the interface? If the former I'm interested - please amplify. As for the latter, if I can cobble together an Action that does what I can do now on CS2 I'll use it.

Schewe

« Reply #90 on: May 07, 2007, 05:43:52 pm »

Now, you say there are aspects of printing from CS3 that are better than CS2. Are you talking about things that make the technical quality of the print better, or the features of the interface?[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=116233\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I like the fact that I can choose the printer in the CS3 dlog (can't in CS2) and the copies. I like the fact that the dlog displays the image resolution PPI. Those are usability issues. As far as I know, there's no difference in what CS3 is SENDING to the printer so, no, there's no technical advantage (or disadvantage) to CS3 over CS2.

What irks you doesn't bother me a bit...so I have no problems printing from CS3, thus MY life is simpler...although I do tend to print more out of Lightroom (cause I have new toys to play with)

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
« Reply #91 on: May 07, 2007, 06:06:16 pm »

Thanks Jeff. This has been a very useful dialogue. I think we've cut through the issues as best we can for the time being, as a result of which there is greater clarity about the implications of CS3/Windows/Epson for printing than there was before we started the discussion and the testing. I am going to mess around creating an action to see how much I can achieve the degree of automation printing from CS3 as I have from CS2. Meanwhile I hope Adobe has been "listening" to all this stuff. It may be helpful to them too, and what helps them has the potential of helping us.

Rick Popham

• http://
« Reply #92 on: May 07, 2007, 06:26:58 pm »

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=116218\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Yes there are.  I like that the print preview is now color-managed, and I like the new Print interface, which would have made printing a lot simpler for me -- if the other changes hadn't been made.

And thanks, Jeff, for spending so much time on this.

Rick

Eric Myrvaagnes

• http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
« Reply #93 on: May 07, 2007, 06:46:33 pm »

Way, way back on May 3 I wrote:

Thanks for the report, Mark. I think I'll uninstall my beta now, but I'll give you another couple of weeks for the dust to settle before I go ahead with CS3. I'll be curious about how smoothly it goes transferring plugins and actions, as I have a ton of both.

I hope it goes smoothly (partly, of course, for my sake    )

Eric
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=115510\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
... and since then, WOW! I'm sure glad I waited.

Thank you Mark and Jeff for pursuing these issues so persistently. I can wait a while more on CS3, since I don't need ACR4 (I'm happy right now with DXO). I also expect to stay with Win XP a while longer (just because I'm used to most of its quirks). But I'll want to deal with CS3 pretty soon, and Vista eventually (like it or not), so I expect I'll work Qimage into my workflow.

Thanks to Jeff I understand better why Adobe couldn't handle the centering better. But as for "per document settings" versus "application wide settings", I'm with Mark on what I would rather see. I just wish that choice could be built into the preferences somehow so each of us could have it work the way we want.
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

Carol

« Reply #94 on: May 07, 2007, 07:05:14 pm »

No, actually I usually wait to upgrade until the bugs are fixed. This time though, Beta CS3 already had its hooks in me and I jumped the gun. D___, what's that about learning your lessons?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=116223\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

If you had the beta on your system beforehand, did you just uninstall the beta and then install the shipping version - or did you also run the Clean Script for your OS after uninstalling??
[span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:1

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
« Reply #95 on: May 07, 2007, 07:17:28 pm »

If you had the beta on your system beforehand, did you just uninstall the beta and then install the shipping version - or did you also run the Clean Script for your OS after uninstalling??
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=116262\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Carol, are you on Windows or Mac? Adobe Tech Support advised me that there have been almost no uninstall issues with Windows, and almost all the problems have been on Mac OSX. They also told me NOT to run the CleanScript unless it becomes necessary. Just do a normal removal of the program and then Install CS3 commercial version. They told me most of the time this is all that is needed. Now, you can no longer access the de-activate function for the Beta because access to the program has expired. This is not a problem either. When you reach the point of activating the new install, make sure to insert the license key for the new install - i.e. if the serial number for the Beta pops-up in the activation screen, over-write it with the new serial number. CleanScript is reserved for problems and not the first thing you would do.

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
« Reply #96 on: May 07, 2007, 07:29:52 pm »

Way, way back on May 3 I wrote:
... and since then, WOW! I'm sure glad I waited.

Thank you Mark and Jeff for pursuing these issues so persistently.

Thanks to Jeff I understand better why Adobe couldn't handle the centering better. But as for "per document settings" versus "application wide settings", I'm with Mark on what I would rather see. I just wish that choice could be built into the preferences somehow so each of us could have it work the way we want.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=116257\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Eric, you are welcome.

Thanks to Jeff's enquiry with Adobe, I understand better why Adobe did what they did about the centering. Whether or not they could do more about it I think remains to be seen. I agree with Jeff's view that the application must be agnostic in the sense of handling the variety of drivers and O/S configurations that now exist. I would like to believe, however, with more time and effort, Adobe could produce refinements to the interface that can cope with this variety in a user-friendly way, or publish advisories on the combinations of settings between Photoshop and the various drivers which "center as advertised".

paulbk

« Reply #97 on: May 07, 2007, 08:02:56 pm »

The question not being addressed here is: Why does print centering work as expected in CS2 but not CS3?

In CS2, click center image in printable area, and click center printable area in Epson driver. This works.
paul b.k.
New England, USA

Schewe

« Reply #98 on: May 07, 2007, 08:18:20 pm »

The question not being addressed here is: Why does print centering work as expected in CS2 but not CS3?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=116270\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Doode. . .didn't you bother to read the back and forth between Mark & I?

Bottom line, select Maximum in the page setup and Centered in CS3 Print dlog.

Rick Popham

• http://
« Reply #99 on: May 07, 2007, 08:23:32 pm »

In CS2, click center image in printable area, and click center printable area in Epson driver. This works.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=116270\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Actually, that question was addressed by Jeff's source from Adobe in message #85:

(The reason for this is that on Vista, the margins are, from an application's point of view, a read-only field, and simply slamming them to 0 as we did in CS2 causes problems.)"

Rick
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up