Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ImagePrint 7  (Read 3521 times)

meierm01

ImagePrint 7
« on: April 13, 2007, 03:14:51 pm »

ImagePrint 7.0 was "definitely" going to be available at PMA, then "by the end of March", then "any day now."
Does anyone have any additional information on when 7.0 will be released?
I'm really interested in hearing about how it works with a Z3100.

mark meier

chris anderson

ImagePrint 7
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2007, 04:35:34 pm »

It is coming VERY soon! : )

VinceB

• Frozen Light Photo
ImagePrint 7
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2007, 10:39:11 am »

It is coming VERY soon! : )
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=112262\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hmm that's what I heard at the JVH event - which was over a month ago.   Before I retired from the software biz - "Two weeks" was the standard answer to the question "How Long?" when then answer was really "No Clue".  

But then, like version 6 they kept promising soon for a long time before it finally shipped.  In the end, it will get here when it gets here.  I just hope they extend upgrade pricing for those of us who had our support run out earlier this year.

Charles Gast

ImagePrint 7
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2007, 12:33:24 pm »

Ummmm
I was told in January it would be 12 days before release
Then a couple months back any day now\

cogden

ImagePrint 7
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2007, 11:23:37 pm »

As recently as April 2nd, I spoke separately with their senior tech support person and their president, both of whom "swore" that IP v7 for Z3100 would ship in the first or second week of April...

I failed to ask which year  

PS. they said too that IP will provide significantly better Gamut, low L's, and much better visible resolution, esp. for images with large dynamic range. They said that one of the big reasons was their use of the Spectrolino to make much better profiles than the std or APS-enhanced Z3100 is capable of.

They were both helpful, persuasive, friendly, and upbeat people with whom eto speak.

Hmmm. It's getting hard to tell what's real or not.

It sure would be nice if someone who has access to the gear could run a seroes pf structured "real-world" tests with HP's canned profiles, custom ones with std Z3100, custom with APS, and custom from ColorByte using representative color (and B&W) landscapes. Add in a set of variables of 8bit vs. 16bit and glossy, semi-gloss, and mat HP paper and we got something real and helpful!

Maybe we could pool $'s and each pay shipping to the next person with a set of test prints -- sort of a "test print" chain letter?
« Last Edit: April 16, 2007, 11:24:58 pm by cogden »

Charles Gast

ImagePrint 7
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2007, 10:53:13 am »

I just got off the phone with a Colorbyte rep. and I am enlightened  
The imageprint rip V7 is soon to be available *but* the z3100 RIP is not going to be out with the initial V7 release. The 12 ink printers are taking more time to get the recipes right. The matte papers are taking the longest to perfect. Word is that it does not get released until their perfectionist gives it the green light.  I am fine with waiting for a perfected release.

Eric Myrvaagnes

• http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
ImagePrint 7
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2007, 11:24:05 am »

I just got off the phone with a Colorbyte rep. and I am enlightened  
The imageprint rip V7 is soon to be available *but* the z3100 RIP is not going to be out with the initial V7 release. The 12 ink printers are taking more time to get the recipes right. The matte papers are taking the longest to perfect. Word is that it does not get released until their perfectionist gives it the green light.  I am fine with waiting for a perfected release.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=112857\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
"Waiting for a perfected release" is practically unheard of in the software industry.  
I applaud them if they do it right.
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

Fred Ragland

• http://
ImagePrint 7
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2007, 12:57:57 pm »

"Waiting for a perfected release" is practically unheard of in the software industry.   
I applaud them if they do it right.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=112864\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Me too.  I was waiting for the release of V7 to get the z3100, hoping to let Colorbyte solve some of the issues we read about.  This means I'll get to do the problem solving on my own, not an entirely happy prospect but I'm pleased that when it is released, it will be done right.

Fred Ragland
Pages: [1]   Go Up