This thread is intended to be a compilation of the flaws in Lightroom. What needs to be fixed in the next version? What is not working properly? What causes crashes? What features should be added? What did Adobe fail to include that is in equivalent software?
I like Lightroom and will continue using it.
Things I hope are "fixed".
1. Collections are very effective way to combine directories that have similar
images. Collections can overlap and can be equivalent to a project.
So a workflow based on collections should be fully supported by LR.
i.e. All functionality including for example stacking (for similar images)
available when working on collections. So stacks need to span directories.
2. Computer slows down too much when importing. Importing needs to run as
a background job or at a lower priority.
3. Autoimporting is pretty strange. I would like to instead define a directory(s)
with the option to include subdirectories that lightrooom monitors for any new
files. Then I could use the BreezeBrowserDownloader to simply add files
directly to the monitored directory. Seems to be a double move otherwise.
4. As I understand not all of the information in the RAW files is being used
since some of it is proprietary. Sometimes DPP seems to create better
looking images even though there is not as much control. But I could
be wrong here. Perhaps Adobe could do a deal with Canon?
5. JPEG output would be very desirable.
6. As a DAM tool it would be good if LR handled more file types.
7. Must be made faster, esp faster previews.
8. CA correction does not work well for me. Other plugin software in PS is
much much more effective.
9. Sharpening and Noise control needs to be extensible using plugins.
10. In grid mode I would like to see ISO, Speed, F-stop.
11. The clone/heal tool is a little jumpy and difficult to use.
12. More global edit tools in LR would be great.