Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson 3800. One month no use - No clogs  (Read 4509 times)

NikosR

• http://
Epson 3800. One month no use - No clogs
« on: February 27, 2007, 10:32:26 am »

Just writing to report that I had left my Epson 3800 unused for more than one month. I had kept the printer switched off. I had absolutely no clogs when I turned it on yesterday.

This has not been my experience with the 2100 for which I had to run a nozzle cleaning routine every time I left it off for more than a week or so.

This is just my personal experience and not meant to say that the 3800 does not suffer from clogs. I just haven't encountered one yet.

Nikos
Athens, Greece
Nikos

ttrask

« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2007, 02:15:02 pm »

I haven't had any problems either, also with just sporadic use.  Clogs were pretty common with the 2400. Todd

Kuryan Thomas

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2007, 03:11:44 pm »

Pressurized heads, maybe? I haven't had any problems either.

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2007, 03:21:30 pm »

No problems here. I fired mine up recently after a hiatus and it was clean as a baby's behind (or wait a minute, is that clean?). Anyway, no clogging.
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

ttrask

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2007, 03:30:39 pm »

I think the cartridges are pressurized, as Kuryan suggests. In any event, good news.

AWeil

• http://www.awl-photo.com
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2007, 03:42:07 pm »

I use an epson 2400 since spring 2006 - no clogs - no hassle. It is on at all times and used in irregular intervals. Sometimes 6 to 8 weeks pass, sometimes it is used every day, sometimes after a month of no printing it has to perform several days all day. No problems yet. I expect it stays that way. The epson 2100 is like that too - it turns out prints with no complaint after several month of neglect. It is on all the time as well and is used less now - the intervals can be as long as 4 or 5 month.

Angela

jjlphoto

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2007, 04:00:10 pm »

Yes, they are pressurized. I too had my 3800 shut off for three weeks, and ran some prints yesterday. I did not do a cleaning cycle, (don't want to waste ink   )  but ran the basic nozzel check, and all the bars printed fine.
Thanks, John Luke

Member-ASMP

eronald

• My gallery on Instagram
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2007, 09:33:07 am »

My Epsons have all been unproblematic as well, even when on but unused for months. As there are cerdible reports of recurring clogs, I wonder if there are different manufacturing batches, or whether maybe the clogs are due to environmental factors -

I suspect paper dust inside the printer and/or temperature humidity combinations. That would explain why the same people get clogs -those who have paper that dusts in certain ways.

Edmund

I use an epson 2400 since spring 2006 - no clogs - no hassle. It is on at all times and used in irregular intervals. Sometimes 6 to 8 weeks pass, sometimes it is used every day, sometimes after a month of no printing it has to perform several days all day. No problems yet. I expect it stays that way. The epson 2100 is like that too - it turns out prints with no complaint after several month of neglect. It is on all the time as well and is used less now - the intervals can be as long as 4 or 5 month.

Angela
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=103563\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
« Last Edit: February 28, 2007, 09:33:25 am by eronald »
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald

francois

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2007, 09:58:58 am »

My Epsons have all been unproblematic as well, even when on but unused for months. As there are cerdible reports of recurring clogs, I wonder if there are different manufacturing batches, or whether maybe the clogs are due to environmental factors -

I suspect paper dust inside the printer and/or temperature humidity combinations. That would explain why the same people get clogs -those who have paper that dusts in certain ways.

Edmund
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=103750\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
A couple of years ago, we purchased two identical Epson printers at the same time and at the same place. One worked like a charm, never a clog or hiccup. The other one, suffered from clogging all the time, from day one. After a few months it was repaired by Epson. It continued to be a nightmare and Epson replaced it with a new printer.

So it must be about manufacturing tolerances or was the bad one doomed?

Francois

grepmat

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2007, 11:53:04 am »

I have had zero problems with clogs with my 3800 too, with up to several weeks between uses. It has been a fabulous machine and a very worth-while improvement over my old 2200.

Dansk

« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2007, 03:16:48 pm »

I was running an epson 1280 and it clogged incessantly. So much so I considered jumping brands but was wooed by the performance and price of the 3800 plus a colleague of mine runs the 2200 with no troubles. So far i am very pleased with the 3800 but its only a week old

picnic

« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2007, 06:25:19 pm »

I was running an epson 1280 and it clogged incessantly. So much so I considered jumping brands but was wooed by the performance and price of the 3800 plus a colleague of mine runs the 2200 with no troubles. So far i am very pleased with the 3800 but its only a week old
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=103829\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I had/have a 2200 also--from the month it was introduced.  It has been witthout problems also.  My 3800 was used heavily the first several weeks I had it--and its also been unused for the most part for a couple of weeks--without a problem (printed yesterday).  If this conntinues this way, it will be a good long while until I buy a new printer (I still have a 1280 and an 875 also--the 1280 is 'retired' and the 875 is used by my husband--without many problems).

Diane
Pages: [1]   Go Up