Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: digital confusion  (Read 2363 times)

mulga bill

• http://
digital confusion
« on: December 04, 2006, 01:42:50 am »

I have just ditched my eos 3 for a 5D and any fears re image quality have been largely eroded over the last three weeks,and also learning how to use photoshop elements 5. I have a problem though.Set the camera to shoot large raw files and always end up with downloaded jpegs!  

I've tried to retrace my steps on set-up and solve the problem but to no avail,and any comments would be welcome! ))

RedRebel

digital confusion
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2006, 04:36:44 am »

If you select RAW+L in the "Quality" menu from the 5D, there should be both a RAW (cr2) image and a jpg on your memory card. If you use Canons Zoombrowser to transfer images from your camera both files are transferred.

If you have direct acces to you memory card by putting it into a card reader connected to your PC you get something like this:
(N:)DCIM/100EOS5D

in this directory there should be two files for every image you shoot (CR2+jpeg).

If you set your 5D to RAW only (Quality menu, bottom right column), you only get RAW files and not the jpeg.

I hope this helps.

marcmccalmont

digital confusion
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2006, 05:57:09 am »

Remember if you set the camera to automatic mode (the green rectangle) you do not get a RAW file! Use Program instead
Marc
Marc McCalmont

mulga bill

• http://
digital confusion
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2006, 03:37:03 pm »

I have just ditched my eos 3 for a 5D and any fears re image quality have been largely eroded over the last three weeks,and also learning how to use photoshop elements 5. I have a problem though.Set the camera to shoot large raw files and always end up with downloaded jpegs!  

I've tried to retrace my steps on set-up and solve the problem but to no avail,and any comments would be welcome! ))
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=88530\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Many thanks and happy shooting to you
Pages: [1]   Go Up