The new site layout looks a lot better than the old layout. Thanks for keeping up the good work! I really enjoy reading your site a lot.
Here are a few thoughts without any particular order.
it is a mere coincidence that it displays in a browser at all (e.g. there is more than one html root element on the start page).
- the navigation leaves the screen when one scrolls down. There are ways to fix that (e.g. via CSS)
- viewing the home page photograph requires the back button to get back on the main page. I guess, a viewer rather expects a link to a gallery of past home page images.
- "What's new" is in a small column that makes it tall and wastes a lot of space (at least on Firefox)
- The welcome greeting is not on the main page if opened with 1280x1024. You have to scroll down to read it.
- Two screens down, I learn that the best way to utilize this site is the subject index. However, in the navigation at the right, there is no subject index listed. If it is that important, why is it missing from the navigation?
- the understanding series uses a table, recent articles are shown as lists. Especially the table is hard to read because of all those horizontal lines.
- e.g. on the video journal page: there are plenty of different styles used for text: regular, italics, bold, bold italics, bold italics with different color, bold with different color. The same applies to the main page. The section below recent highlights uses regular underlined and italics underlined to indicate links. Above, links are marked as italics underlined.
- there's no image of you on the contact page. Why not just reuse that of the workshop page?
But frankly, I'd be happier if you spent more time producing new episodes of the video journal than fixing those issues above