Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Just upgraded to LR 7.3 and dng errors now SOLVED!  (Read 1961 times)

Onslow

Just upgraded to LR 7.3 and dng errors now SOLVED!
« on: April 04, 2018, 06:21:41 pm »

Morning All, I have just upgraded my CC photographers plan. PS, LR and ACR are now all up to date. First run of the LR update resulted in a crash before I could see what happened. Ran it again and crashed again. So, this time I had an error message and crash report so sent them to Adobe. LR then started on the 3rd attempt but with the error message in the attachment of a dng access error. LR continued to load and I could see folders in the library module. Clicked on a folder and saw a 3 month old shoot. Selected an image in the thumbnail but the screen displayed another of the images. It wouldn't update my clicking on the thumbnail bar to the same in the navigator or main window.
Ok, so I shut everything down and rebooted.
Starting LR again, I again got the dng access error but LR continued to start. Selecting different folders I find some folders do as I described above but it would eventually synch correctly, others act normally. The one that do have the problem, now also has errors appearing when zooming that say There was an error working with this photo. If I click on an image which has this problem and then go to the develop module the main window is blank, the navigator and thumbnail bar shows the thumbnail and a message appears at the top of the main window saying that File access was denied.
All of my images are dngs with embedded colour profiles from my custom camera calibration via my colour passport.
I do daily backups of my catalog and haven't created an new backup with this issue yet.
I then thought to use Bridge and ACR. I opened bridge, navigated to the same folder that was causing issues to find all of the previews greyed out. I selected 1 image to open and Bridge crashed and offered a crash report which I sent.
All of this ONLY occurred after upgrading to the new versions of the CC apps PS, LR Bridge, ACR.
Any thoughts?
System details
Windows: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro, 64Bit
Ram: 64 GB
Motherboard: ASUS X99 Deluxe USB 3.1
CPU Info: Intel Core i7 5930K
Display Adapters: Leadtek NVIDIA Quadro K2200 4 Gb Workstation Card
Display Adaptor Driver: 353.82
Monitors: 2x; NEC MultiSync LCD2690WUXi2 1920 x 1200 via Dvi, Eizo CG277 2560 x 1440 via Displayport,
Calibrator X-Rite i1 Photo Pro2
Hard Disks:
C: 1 Tb Samsung 850 SSD for Programs
D: Asus BW 16D1HT Pro Blu-Ray Writer
E: 500Gb Samsung 850 SSD for Lightroom Catalog
F: 120Gb Samsung 850 SSD for Win10 and Adobe Swapfiles
W: 4 x 4 Gb WD Red HDs in Raid 1 + 0  8Tb size for Data
I am heading to work and won't be able to read any responses for a few hrs so apologies there...
« Last Edit: April 06, 2018, 06:58:49 pm by Onslow »
Cheers

Onslow

Onslow

Re: Just upgraded to LR 7.3 and dng errors now
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2018, 05:11:51 am »

Someone suggested in the Adobe LR Support forums to perhaps share it as it may be a permissions issue. I have just gotten home so I fired the PC up and the same issue is occurring. I selected an image on my W raid drive, copied it over to my main drive and tried opening the dng with PS. The copy seemed to go fine BUT ps crashed. I sent off a crash report. I then tried importing the copied file at its new location. The import seemed to go ago and then the following error message appeared which I have posted in the attachment. I also grabbed the properties of the file at the same time. As I say, moving the file seemed to cause no issues...
I have uploaded a representative image if people wish to see. The image should have an embedded custom camera profile created by the passport software. It is dual illuminant in case that is a factor. I am wondering if this is a factor since the profiles have been moved and changed in this release. I embed my custom profile in the dng. Can people see the profile?
A link to my DNG with custom Camera Profile

If it is a file permissions issue, could it somehow be related to the following issue I posted about in LuLa a few months ago here LuLa Thread I had on file permissions and issues resolving them.
Cheers

Onslow

fdisilvestro

• Frank Disilvestro
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2018, 06:46:50 am »

Hi,

I downloaded the image and had no issues opening it in LR or ACR/PS. It shows the dual iluminant profile, again with no issues I also opened the file in DNG_Profile editor, Raw Digger and C1 Pro, again without any issue.

Have you checked for any errors/warnings in the windows logs?

Regards

Onslow

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2018, 06:50:45 am »

Hi,

I downloaded the image and had no issues opening it in LR or ACR/PS. It shows the dual iluminant profile, again with no issues I also opened the file in DNG_Profile editor, Raw Digger and C1 Pro, again without any issue.

Have you checked for any errors/warnings in the windows logs?

Regards

Hmm, thank you for that.I wonder if it is hardware fault then? I have just looked at another file and in the Develop module (with Hardware Acceleration now turned off) AND the Quadro K2200 driver updated and I can now see the main window. However Trying to do something like zoom in or out now results in a file locked error message.
Cheers

Onslow

Onslow

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2018, 06:29:45 am »

Someone suggested uninstalling all programs etc. That made no difference.F^%k!
I remembered the issue I had with permissions a few months and a workaround of running as administrator. Tried it and the issue disappeared! Damn, once again I have got a permissions issue it seems.
Cheers

Onslow

Onslow

Re: Just upgraded to LR 7.3 and dng errors now SOLVED!
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2018, 06:58:16 pm »

The following did the trick for me. LR, Bridge, ACR and PS are now working as they should.

This comes from the following Adobe Help File. Troubleshoot unexpected behaviour in user accounts

5. Reset the access settings on the account-specific application data folders.
Complete this task only if the account that you are troubleshooting is an administrator account and is not on a network domain.

Account-specific errors can occur if the account doesn't have full read/write access to the folders with the Adobe application preferences files and account-specific data files. You can use the icacls command to reset the access settings. Do the following:

Close all applications.
Choose Start > All Programs > Accessories. Right-click Command Prompt and choose Run As Administrator. A command-line window opens.
In the command-line window, type each of the following commands exactly as they appear below. Press Enter after each command.

Important: Type a space before and after each of the switches -- /T, /C, and /grant -- in every command.

icacls "%userprofile%\AppData\Local" /T /C /grant "%username%":F

icacls "%userprofile%\AppData\Roaming" /T /C /grant "%username%":F

icacls "%userprofile%\AppData\Local" /T /C /grant system:F

icacls "%userprofile%\AppData\Roaming" /T /C /grant system:F

Close the command-line window.
Open the Adobe application and try to reproduce the issue.
I did and this solution worked!!

What I find interesting is that this issue occurred when I upgraded from 7.1 to 7.2. Now from 7.2 to 7.3 the same issue occurred. I wonder if this is something specific to my machine or something with a wider impact?
Cheers

Onslow
Pages: [1]   Go Up