Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]   Go Down

Author Topic: Paris attacks  (Read 43412 times)

Misirlou

• http://
Re: Paris attacks
« Reply #240 on: November 20, 2015, 05:31:29 pm »

Enforcing borders is easy. That does not solve the problem with refugees. You have to solve the problems in the countries of origin. The most acute problem right now is getting rid of Assad, then IS, then some solution in Afghanistan. That would decrease the number of immigrants to Sweden by 4/5 or so.

And now that Russia has swept in, getting rid of Assad just got a lot more difficult.

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #241 on: November 20, 2015, 05:38:16 pm »

You are not doing anything either. You are just moving electrons in a photo forum.

For which I think I deserve one of these: ;)

The FaceBook War Fighter Ribbon.

For keyboard gallantry & exceptionally meritorious service as a 2d Remote Operator- and serving as Team intelligence analyst while deployed to your local coffee shop as part of Operation French Flag My Profile. Your exemplary performance of duty culminating in this distinguished period of service reflects great credit upon you, the 2d Affliction Shirt Supply Company, 18th Barista Battalion, 4th LL Bean Division, and UC Berkley.

Your Country and Internet Service Providers Salute you! 💻🗣🇺🇸

Misirlou

• http://
« Reply #242 on: November 20, 2015, 05:39:41 pm »

For which I think I deserve one of these: ;)

Funnily enough, that's more than I ever got actually going to Afghanistan as a real analyst!

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website

Rajan Parrikar

• Rajan Parrikar
« Reply #245 on: November 22, 2015, 04:11:08 pm »

Justinr

• Ink+images
« Reply #246 on: November 29, 2015, 06:28:12 pm »

Our eldest and her boyfriend went to Paris this week and report that all is normal, all is open and all are friendly. Oh, and they also came back engaged so it's not all bad news coming out of the place after all.

Rob C

« Reply #247 on: December 03, 2015, 04:11:47 pm »

Shot this one night listening to the stuff about the Parisian disaster; the guy on the screen was one of the ubiquitous 'experts' tv always keeps locked away in a drawer for suitable airing moments.

Rob C

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
« Reply #248 on: December 03, 2015, 05:02:20 pm »

On the other hand don't we have a tradition of "innocent until proven guilty"?

An other side to it, I heard it in local (Swedish radio). Told by a survivor of Auschwitz who used to be Middle East correspondent for Swedish radio.

In India there used to be a tradition to burn the wife of a deceased man together with his husband's body. A young wife of a man who died tried to escape destiny and found refuge at a British military base, the family of the deceased trailed her to the base and I they were met by a young British officer.

So they told him about their traditions…

The British officer listened to them carefully and than said. We British have great respect for your traditions. But, we Brittish have also our own traditions. One of those traditions is that those who burn young, innocent women alive we hang by the neck.

I don't know about the truth in this story, but it tells a tale, worth some consideration.

Now, this was in context of some female immigrants being killed by family members after having "unappropriate relations". Still, it illustrates that we can have respect for traditions but there are also values that cannot be compromised. I think that immigration is quite OK, but once you choose to live in a society, you need to live within the laws and traditions of that country.

Best regards
Erik

Derb, provocative as always -

http://www.unz.com/jderbyshire/obamas-agenda-and-the-treason-of-the-establishment/
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 05:08:15 pm by ErikKaffehr »
Erik Kaffehr

jeremyrh

« Reply #249 on: December 04, 2015, 05:11:30 pm »

Derb, provocative as always -

http://www.unz.com/jderbyshire/obamas-agenda-and-the-treason-of-the-establishment/

Not really. Just racist garbage. To be provocative it would have to at least attempt to make sense.

texshooter

« Reply #250 on: December 04, 2015, 05:22:51 pm »

Here is how we stop terrorism in our country.

1. Ban Christmas trees and Bing Crosby music. They only provoke the terrorists.
2. Increase the number of immigrants from countries like Syria, Afghanistan, Iraq, Sudan and the Russian Caucasus. It is our moral duty.
3. Fine or imprison anyone who insults Islam or criticizes Middle East immigration. Just like France did to their leading presidential candidate.

Call your congressman and make it happen so more of us don't have to die!
« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 05:45:11 pm by texshooter »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]   Go Up