Raw & Post Processing, Printing > Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks

Canson Baryta Photographique Ink Smearing After 24hrs

<< < (3/3)

Justin B:

--- Quote from: Tom Marasco on April 20, 2015, 12:42:50 pm ---I was pondering the idea of the profile actually calling the Matte Black rather than Photo Black.  I wonder if this could be an issue?

--- End quote ---

Yes, most certainly.

--- Quote from: Tom Marasco on April 20, 2015, 09:09:24 pm ---The printer is definitely using Photo Black.  I'm puzzled.  

--- End quote ---

Are you 100% sure? I've yet to see where you mention which media type setting you are choosing when printing? This determines the black ink type, not the ICC profile.

The ICC profile alone won't typically caused so much over inking causing this type of smudging after 24 hours of dry time.

I'm assuming you're selecting one that Canon has recommended for their Baryta Photographique, but exactly which media type setting are you using?

hugowolf:
I can't see how it could be a profile problem. If you are sure it is using PK, then it really looks like an ink problem, and $12 on an OEM cartridge could save you a lot of money on wasted paper.

Brian A

Tom Marasco:

--- Quote from: Justin B on April 20, 2015, 10:08:42 pm ---Yes, most certainly.

Are you 100% sure? I've yet to see where you mention which media type setting you are choosing when printing? This determines the black ink type, not the ICC profile.

The ICC profile alone won't typically caused so much over inking causing this type of smudging after 24 hours of dry time.

I'm assuming you're selecting one that Canon has recommended for their Baryta Photographique, but exactly which media type setting are you using?

--- End quote ---
Thanks for the reply.  I am sure.  Photo Black is the only black currently low (as well as grey).  The media type chosen is Semi Gloss, the recommended type on the Canson website. I guess an OEM PB is the quickest way to tell. I'll post the results once it comes in.  I contacted Canson as well as PC to inquire regarding the issue.

Tom Marasco:

--- Quote from: hugowolf on April 20, 2015, 10:32:03 pm ---I can't see how it could be a profile problem. If you are sure it is using PK, then it really looks like an ink problem, and $12 on an OEM cartridge could save you a lot of money on wasted paper.

Brian A

--- End quote ---

I agree, thanks for the tip.  One on the way.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version