Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Best photo locations in Mumbai, India?  (Read 10702 times)

haring

• http://www.haringphotography.com
Best photo locations in Mumbai, India?
« on: April 13, 2015, 09:27:35 am »

What are the best photo locations in and around Mumbai? I will spend the weekend there and I would like to take some cool photos!
Have you ever been there? What location was you favorite? Do you have any photos you can show us?

haring

Re: Best photo locations in Mumbai, India?
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2015, 10:59:44 am »

Are there any landmark buildings, places? (Taj Mahal in Agra, Uttar Pradesh...) I am going shoot a wedding in Mumbai and I am looking for iconic place where I can take the couple for a short photo session...

SeanBK

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2015, 02:43:44 pm »

Where in Mumbai the wedding venue is? Is it in South Mumbai? (i.e Taj Hotel near Gateway of India?) or Oberoi? etc also when u're planning as June July heat is oppressive. Just a few more info, than I can give u a much better answer.

haring

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2015, 11:18:47 pm »

Where in Mumbai the wedding venue is? Is it in South Mumbai? (i.e Taj Hotel near Gateway of India?) or Oberoi? etc also when u're planning as June July heat is oppressive. Just a few more info, than I can give u a much better answer.

The ceremony will be in Marriott Mumbai. I have no idea where it is. :) The wedding will be next week! :)

SeanBK

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2015, 07:38:59 am »

Marriot (north Mumbai) is far from all the iconic places like the Gateway, Taj, Oberoi or some historical British buildings - Rajabai Tower, High Court , VT Station, Marine Drive promenade from Oberoi/NCPA side  ... BUT all these are in South Mumbai​. Mileage/Kms wise it is not very far but traffic wise it is far. At least 1- 1.5 hrs drive one way.

At these places you must shoot on weekdays preferably Mon-Wednesday when the people traffic is less ... that too in the morning ... before lunch or better before 9am. The sun will be from the East and quite fiery. :(

I'd suggest stay near/in Marriott. May be if must, just in front of Entrance. There should be enough staff from Hotel to meet your reasonable needs but sun & heat will make the subject rather uncomfortable. Air conditioned indoors should give you great photo-ops for sure. Spray & Pray techniques should work. Have fun.
  BTW. Next week it will be in mid 90s with humidity in mid 80s and even though they are on the ocean but not much a breeze this time of year.

« Last Edit: April 15, 2015, 11:13:00 am by SeanBK »

haring

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2015, 09:27:01 am »

Marriot (north Mumbai) is far from all the iconic places like the Gateway, Taj, Oberoi or some historical British buildings - Rajabai Tower, High Court , VT Station, Marine Drive promenade from Oberoi/NCPA side  ... BUT all these are in South Mumbai​. Mileage/Kms wise it is not very far but traffic wise it is far. At least 1- 1.5 hrs drive one way.

At these places you must shoot on weekdays preferably Mon-Wednesday when the people traffic is less ... that too in the morning ... before lunch or better before 9am. The sun will be from the East and quite fiery. :(

I'd suggest stay near/in Marriott. May be if must, just in front of Entrance. There should be enough staff from Hotel to meet your reasonable needs but sun & heat will make the subject rather uncomfortable. Air conditioned indoors should give you great photo-ops for sure. Spray & Pray techniques should work. Have fun.
  BTW. Next week it will be in mid 90s with humidity in mid 80s and even though they are on the ocean but not much a breeze this time of year.

This was very helpful!!! Thanks so much! I know it is harder to walk around because the humidity. I live in Florida so I am somewhat used to it... :)
Did you have a chance to visit the Gateway to India? Are there any restrictions to take photos? How about the huge (Sea Link) bridge?

SeanBK

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2015, 10:48:10 am »

Things have changed since terrorists damaged the iconic Taj Hotel across the street from Gateway Of India, but I doubt you will have any problems. You just might need local handlers to keep people from photobombing your shots. Keep Rs 50/ to Rs 100/ bills handy to pass it around so they don't get in your shots. (based on conversion $1/- = Rs 62/- that's really nothing). Humidity > I was thinking @ discomfort of your clients, as that will show up in your pics. U might want to scout out "Sea-Link" bridge , may be photoshop it in but I don't know anything @ it. Concierge @ Marriott, call them ahead or e-mail. A call will go a long ways to start a personal relationship, they should be really good. :)

SeanBK

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2015, 06:13:40 pm »

So how did the Wedding Photography went?

laraaustin

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2015, 01:48:36 am »

Film city, Marine Drive, Juhu Beach, Dharavi etc are the main photography locations of Mumbai. Fineday Photography always prefer Mumbai as the best wedding location in India.
Pages: [1]   Go Up