Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Green Tint in Photoshop Working in Black and White  (Read 16212 times)

D Fosse

Re: Green Tint in Photoshop Working in Black and White
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2015, 05:57:32 pm »

This is a new one. I've seen banding and clipping, but not a general color cast.

The ProPhoto/OpenGL bug in Photoshop has been well known for a long time, even to PS engineering staff. It was first reported on the Adobe Photoshop forum several years ago (IIRC CS5 was then the current version). At the time they said they'd "look into" it, and since then - total silence and the bug is still there.

Paul_Roark

« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2020, 08:31:55 pm »

I've started delving into black and white digital photography ...

If black and white is your primary focus, you might consider one of the dedicated black and white inksets.    Jon Cone has a turnkey system, and MIS (inksupply.com) sells the inputs I use.  Using an inkset designed for high gamut color to do black and white printing is obviously not the best way to go.

Paul
www.PaulRoark.com

xpatUSA

• Blog
« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2020, 06:31:03 pm »

If black and white is your primary focus, you might consider one of the dedicated black and white inksets.    Jon Cone has a turnkey system, and MIS (inksupply.com) sells the inputs I use.  Using an inkset designed for high gamut color to do black and white printing is obviously not the best way to go.

Paul
www.PaulRoark.com

Paul, Michael Z hasn't mentioned printing yet ...
best regards,

Ted
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up