Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bridge and ACR?  (Read 8771 times)

Ben Rubinstein

Bridge and ACR?
« on: January 10, 2006, 11:18:02 am »

I don't really have a great need for lightroom, I have my own filing system that works perfectly for me albeit very simply.

Lets face it, there is not much in Lightroom that isn't part of the Bridge/ACR/CS2 triangle. If you are used to using them then Lightroom doesn't offer much of an advantage other than the Library/Cataloguing. To date there are still several advantages to Bridge, not least the ability to run actions to photoshop, it has a slideshow and different views and CS2 has a number of built in slideshows including flash.

A couple of things that perked my interest up, the develop tools, especially the advanced curve with shadow/highlight features would be very welcome in ACR, added to that, some of the features that bridge has which to date are rather slow could do with the added functionality.

My question is whether bridge and maybe to some extent ACR will be neglected as a result of lightroom. Will ACR get the updated develop tools while retaining the ones it has? Will bridge be speeded up and maybe have a bar for ACR to run in while viewing photos as in Lighroom and RawShooter?

jani

• Øyet
Bridge and ACR?
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2006, 01:32:55 pm »

Good points, pom.

I'd be happy if Lightroom developed into a mature application with all of Bridge's and Camera Raw's features, and I'd be happy to pay for it.  But then the price of Photoshop itself would have to come down a bit, or PS and Lightroom should be bundled at the same price point as PS is at today.
Jan

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
Bridge and ACR?
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2006, 05:24:08 pm »

Neither Bridge nor Camera Raw will be neglected as you call it. If anything, Camera Raw gets a boost because Lightroom is built upon Camera Raw and you can expect to see Camera Raw development speed up.

Bridge is a browsing aplication devoted to serve the Creative Suite which includes Photoshop (it came from Photoshop's Browser) with increased functionality for InDesign and Illustrator.

Lightroom is a dedicated application for photographers whose development is not tied to Creative Suite.

Best of both worlds...

macgyver

Bridge and ACR?
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2006, 05:24:38 pm »

I agree greatly with Pom, my own file system is far faster and easier.  But, I would want to see some of the new tools put into PS.  What do you think are the chances of this?

jdemott

Bridge and ACR?
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2006, 06:57:11 pm »

Neither Bridge nor Camera Raw will be neglected as you call it.

I hope this expectation comes true.  I've just posted in a separate thread expressing the same concerns as pom.
John DeMott

61Dynamic

• http://
Bridge and ACR?
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2006, 08:08:54 pm »

John Nack has stated in his blog that development will continue on Bridge (second question).
« Last Edit: January 10, 2006, 08:09:28 pm by 61Dynamic »
Pages: [1]   Go Up