Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ergonomics  (Read 1407 times)

Rory

• Recent images
Ergonomics
« on: December 30, 2005, 12:28:24 pm »

I am coming from a Nikon background, and I am currently shooting with a D2X.  I recently read Michael's engaging Canon wish list, and was struck by how many items were already incorporated in the D2X.  In fact, the first five items on Michael's list: mirror lockup selection, efficient menu, programmable feature sets, ISO button and User definable button are all implemented on the D2X.  In another article about the Sony R1, MR mentions Sony's unique battery meter - well, it is not unique - again this is standard on new Nikons - I do not know about Canon.

One of the things I really like about the LL reviews is that they do not focus on tedious details, but talk about image quality and ergonomics.  Since ergonomics is a key factor, and important to MR, and given that he shoots with Canon and that I have great respect for MR's opinions, I am interested in what are the offsetting Canon assets that I am missing on the Nikon side.

The obvious ones that I hear about are superior (?) high ISO performance, more pixels, more camera models more often and better telephoto lenses.  On the ergonomic side, what advantages do Canons have?

Regards
Rory
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/roryhi
Pages: [1]   Go Up