Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fuji s9000  (Read 1857 times)

tbcass

Fuji s9000
« on: December 23, 2005, 09:33:13 am »

My rating is based on what you get for the price. A DSLR may be a little better but equipped with a comparable lens even the cheapest would cost hundreds more. For all but the most demanding applications the S9000 will do just as well. I have 40+ years as a serious amateur photographer. I have owned 4 SLR Film cameras and an Olympus C4000 Digital. The C4000 takes fine photos but I became frustrated with it's limitations (shutter lag, difficult to get at manual settings, slow shot to shot times, limited Zoom) The s9000 solves all those problems.
     I have to say this camera is not for everybody. Out of the box the pictures have little in-camera processing and may look a little flat if you're used to a point and shoot. That's because most serious photographers want to do their tweaking out of camera. There are in camera settings that allow you to liven up your pictures but if you are looking for that in your face high contrast saturated color look many point and shoot cameras give out of box you won't get it. If however your looking for natural accurate color rendition look no furthar. For a camera of this price I found noise levels almost non-existant at 80 and 100 iso, very low at iso 200, low at 400 useable at 800 and high at 1600. The controls were easy to use and most of the common settings could be accessed with one button push. There is some softness in the lens at the corners (typical of long zooms) but it was visible only when blown up to huge size on screen (about 2 feet by 3 feet) Do not judge this camera on initial reactions. At first I was dissapointed but after learning the controls and tweaking the settings I can say I am very happy with my purchase and would recommend it highly to any serious photographer.
Pages: [1]   Go Up