Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: LR5 Printing, Yellow/Green Cast  (Read 7887 times)

digitaldog

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Online Online
  • Posts: 21651
  • Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
Re: LR5 Printing, Yellow/Green Cast
« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2014, 11:34:28 am »

Hello Andrew, thank you very much for those reference images. I printed them and there's a big improvement, maybe not 100% perfect (three "Tint units" of added green plus a very small increase in Temperature brought the screen image and the printed image back to identical) but that's much better than I have been getting.

Your help has been very much appreciated, but may I ask for some more advice about what this means and where I should go from here?

The addition of those 'tint units' may need to be applied to the display calibration so the output and display match. The RGB values in the reference image are correct. So if you have a very good profile, the output should be spot on and if indeed it looks good, you need to adjust the display calibration. That's why one uses a reference image. What's off otherwise? If indeed the print itself, it's the profile if the issues are small as you describe. If print looks fine but display doesn't match, it's the display OR it could be the profile's soft proof table. Profiles have a table that affects the output and one that affects the soft proof. You could try a different paper/profile combo with the same reference. That would allow you to decided if the issue is always the display or the soft proof table.

It's process of elimination not finding out what area of the workflow is causing these small color issues: Display calibration, profile that is affecting the soft proof, profile that is affecting output (or both)?   
Logged
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

Gary Ferguson

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 550
    • http://
Re: LR5 Printing, Yellow/Green Cast
« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2014, 12:24:25 pm »

Andrew, thanks for your help. I see you offer custom profiles, is it practical for me to commission some profiles from you given that I'm in the UK?

Best regards,

Gary
Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up